PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase

Harry24
07-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I hear this one of the best multifilaments out there. Since i am not a frequent string breaker i am up for anything. I havent had arm problems with my hybrid of xcel and pro hurricane in my apd but i think I would in an all poly string setup.
My question: Would tecnifibre x-1 biphase be too powerful to put in an APDC or any babolat racquet(besides pure storm ltd.)? If so should I go with poly-multi hybrid?

ChuDat
07-11-2008, 09:08 PM
what kind of player are you? a baseliner, counter- puncher, S&V, All-court? I'm a baseliner/counterpuncher and use to use a full X-1 17g string job on my nBlade Mid+. It was nice the first few weeks but it soon started to feel dead after a while of hitting.

P8ntballa
07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I tried the 16g in my prince and sorta liked it... Serves, overheads and vollies were great, but when it came to exchanges on the baseline I just could not find enough spin to keep my groundies in. By shorttening up my stroke I fixed this but it came at a price (that price being less depth and less pace.) I was extremly disapointed with these strings when I began to get signs of TE, I mean really they felt comfy but for the first time I started to develop TE. I immediately switched back to my lightning 17g.

Just so you know, I strung up the x1 @ 60lbs because I heard it was very powerful. 57lbs is my norm for tension.

Fumoffu
07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
what kind of player are you? a baseliner, counter- puncher, S&V, All-court? I'm a baseliner/counterpuncher and use to use a full X-1 17g string job on my nBlade Mid+. It was nice the first few weeks but it soon started to feel dead after a while of hitting.

given of any string.

ChuDat
07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
given of any string.

Yes this is true, but to me the X-1s died the fastest, even faster than some Synthetic Gut I've used.

2nd_Serve
07-11-2008, 11:21 PM
If your having wrist problems, the softest multi IMO is NRG. The X-1 Biphase is crisp, and I think it would be better if you go with the NRG. Maybe something softer if you could find it.

Valjean
07-12-2008, 04:18 AM
You might want to try out Tecnifibre's new XR3 and one of the low-end "control" multis like Prince's Synthetic Gut Multifilament and Tecnifibre's Multifeel.

LubbockAg
07-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Used the 17 guage X-1 as a cross with LUX ALU. Really like it!

Harry24
07-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Im definately a power baseliner that tries to utilize alot of topspin. I know everyone says polys are good for spin and power baseliners like me but i think i'll get elbow problems if get an all poly setup.

Harry24
07-12-2008, 10:01 AM
If your having wrist problems, the softest multi IMO is NRG. The X-1 Biphase is crisp, and I think it would be better if you go with the NRG. Maybe something softer if you could find it.
I have a question, why would i go softer that would give me less spin correct?Thats why I was looking kinda for a crisp multi like you said.

ChuDat
07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Im definately a power baseliner that tries to utilize alot of topspin. I know everyone says polys are good for spin and power baseliners like me but i think i'll get elbow problems if get an all poly setup.

Well if you want alot of spin you might want to hybrid it with a poly. To me X-1s are good by itself if your a flat hitter

Kcraig
09-09-2008, 11:44 AM

But didn't X1 rate as the #1 string in terms of comfort in the USRSA string test from a couple of years ago? Also-everyone talks of the break in period with these--what kind of time are most experiencing???

Blade0324
09-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I've tried X-1 in a full setup as well as a hybrid using it as mains as well as crosses with poly. I find that X-1 moves around alot and just does not seem to be a very playable string to me. I think NRG is more playable although it does dead faster. I would much rather pay a few bucks more and get Nat. Gut over X-1. It lasts longer and plays FAR superiour to X-1 in every way. I would also say that for far less money in a hybrid that Pro Supex Spriral Flex is better than X-1. I don't really get what all the hype is over X-1.

OleNole
09-09-2008, 12:26 PM
You could try the new Gamma TNT2 Ruff. It's textured like BB Rough to give you more spin.
Also consider a hybrid of a thin poly in the mains with gut in the crosses for better feel. Maybe 17 guage BB Rough with Pacific Tough Gut?

Valjean
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Here, for your listening pleasure, is a USRSA string playtest of X-1 Biphase: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/X117/X117Review.html