PDA

View Full Version : 2 clamps on crosses?

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
on this vid, the stringer is using two clamps for the crosses. Don't u only need one clamp or is this just for prince 03 holed racquets?

here is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmE4qF7vggQ

other than that, that vid has helped me alot. Plus YUlittle's vids were a major help.

topspinalex
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure, you only need one, he probably just left the second one there out of laziness. But really, you dont need to remove it, until you move it down

crazy8tiger
07-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I believe that you can use two just in case one slips or something and you have a backup.

topspinalex
07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I believe that you can use two just in case one slips or something and you have a backup.

idk, but i just noticed those are flying clamps, so there may be some rule with those

07-12-2008, 02:01 AM
You can use one or two. I think just using 1 is better as you have a more consistant string bed but if the clamp slips your fuc*ed
Two clamps is safer as you have a back up clamp, but if the last cross is quite seperated from the previous, you will need a big clamp. However if your big clamp is on the previous cross, you would have to only just use one clamp for the last few crosses

iplaybetter
07-12-2008, 12:05 PM
with swivle clamps you must have two, except for a few special mono clamp machines

aussie
07-12-2008, 01:35 PM
On the Silent Partner Swing stringing video, the stringer uses 2 floating clamps which is unnecessary. You only need to use one, which is what Klippermate recommends. I have used 2, but it is just more fiddling about. Make sure your floating clamp is adjusted correctly, and just use the one.

almerickso
07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
its there as a back up.

i dont see much downside leaving it there also.

ARNICOLINI
07-13-2008, 03:58 AM
I am a rec stringer and only string for myself. Speed is no issue for me (I am not speedy nor do I try all that hard to be) so I am more concerned about quality/consistency than speed.

2 clamps really does not take all that much more time and I feel safer having that backup there. Can't say I have ever needed it, so its more of a comfort thing than anything.