PDA

View Full Version : LM Radical OS

TennisMD
03-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Not much comment on the LM Radical OS. Any thoughts out there, it appears got a decent review accomplished player like Granville seems to suggest it had decent control and excellent rating on volleys. As always your style of play and rating would be helpful.

El Diablo
03-27-2004, 11:32 AM
This distant cousing to Andre's racquet (his is apparently well over 13 ounces) was comfortable and powerful but much more difficult to generate spin with than some comparable frames, e.g. Prince. Shots that I ordinarily drive into the corners safely were sailing long on me. Not easy to serve with but produces adequate pace. Watching Agassi tells the story - he hits with plenty of topspin on both sides and still usually hits close to the baseling. We mortals had better be consistent with technique with this frame or the point ends quickly.

galain
03-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Horses for courses I guess. I didn't care for it at all.

I demoed one in January, mainly because I was out of town and needed something to play with, and my elbow is only now getting back to normal.

I have a continental forehand and a one handed backhand - perhaps it just didn't suit my game - but I found it tinny, far too light and it felt cheap. Volleys were the best part about it.

In recent memory the only thing I played with that I thought was worse has been the Pure Drive.

AndyC
03-31-2004, 04:01 AM
I went with the Instinct eventually but it was a close call between the two. I liked it and found that there was enough control on the return/groundstrokes (though I would have restrung with a higher tension that on the demo). Spin was easy to generate and serves were good (probably better than with the Instinct I use). Volleys were a bit more unpredictable for me and that was what swung it eventually in favor of the Instinct.

TennisMD
03-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the responses. I recently bought one from TW and it weighed 11.6 oz and i added weight to the handle to make it 12.1 oz and it is playing well in all areas so far.

TennisMD