PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to skip a hole

cansv
07-12-2008, 04:26 PM
So I strung my raquet today and I forgot to skip a hole on one side while doing the mains. So the last cross is on a slight angle. Is this going to cause a major problem or will it work?

Valjean
07-12-2008, 04:33 PM
It's not going to hurt you, but it may annoy you anyhow.

Bud
07-13-2008, 09:26 PM
So I strung my raquet today and I forgot to skip a hole on one side while doing the mains. So the last cross is on a slight angle. Is this going to cause a major problem or will it work?

So, do you have a cross and a main sharing a grommet hole?

rasajadad
07-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the OP would be able to play a USTA match with the strings like that.

cansv
07-14-2008, 07:07 AM
So, do you have a cross and a main sharing a grommet hole?

Nope, the cross is in the main hole and the main is in the cross hole.

ambro
07-14-2008, 08:35 AM
I'd cut it out just because it would annoy the hell out of me. I can't stand this kind of stuff. However, I think it should be fine if you decide to play with it.

smarion2
07-14-2008, 09:29 AM
haha didnt it look a lil weird when you where stringin in? I doubt that it will do anything bad to the racquet but im sure it'll affct how it plays a little bit

cansv
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
haha didnt it look a lil weird when you where stringin in? I doubt that it will do anything bad to the racquet but im sure it'll affct how it plays a little bit

It didn't look weird until I did the last cross and it was at an angle. lol. It will annoy me, but since I am just trying this string for the first time to see if I like it, I will probably leave it in for a few hits.

smarion2
07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
yeah might as well. I remember when I first started stringing I did that a couple times. It sucked when it was someones elses racquet and had to do the whole thing over.