PDA

View Full Version : urgent help

Gugafan
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was using my Head MG Radical today,and unfortunately snapped part of the bumper off (just a small piece) at about 1'oclock due to a mishit on a drive volley. Thinking nothing of it, I continued to play with my raquet for a few days. Recently I have noticed there is a dead feel towards the top part of the string bed. When I tap the string area near the top of the frame with my palm, a 'tinny' noise can be heard. Furthermore, I tried gently tapping the frame vertically against the ground and could hear a 'tinny vibration' as if the raquets makeup had been altered. Im beginning to think the frame has cracket internally?? is there even such a thing?.

Now guys I need your help. I have only had the raquet for a few months, and got it from the secretary at my club who has a link with the distributors of Head in Austria. Is there any chance that 'Head' will replace my damaged racquet since it seems a fault in the frame. What should I do???

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks guys

s7evin
07-14-2008, 06:58 PM
What did you hit?
The net post???

TheOrangeRacquet
07-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Me and my friend both use MG radicals and the bumper guard always snaps off and we have to get it replaced.:( Anyway i personaly have never sent in a racquet to head but there is a guy on my team that sent in a prestige with a broken frame because he intentionaly broke it and Head gave him a new one with no charge. They should easily replace yours if you send it

LPShanet
07-19-2008, 01:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was using my Head MG Radical today,and unfortunately snapped part of the bumper off (just a small piece) at about 1'oclock due to a mishit on a drive volley. Thinking nothing of it, I continued to play with my raquet for a few days. Recently I have noticed there is a dead feel towards the top part of the string bed. When I tap the string area near the top of the frame with my palm, a 'tinny' noise can be heard. Furthermore, I tried gently tapping the frame vertically against the ground and could hear a 'tinny vibration' as if the raquets makeup had been altered. Im beginning to think the frame has cracket internally?? is there even such a thing?.

Now guys I need your help. I have only had the raquet for a few months, and got it from the secretary at my club who has a link with the distributors of Head in Austria. Is there any chance that 'Head' will replace my damaged racquet since it seems a fault in the frame. What should I do???

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks guys

It's true that Head may well replace it, but before you get too panicky, consider some other possibilities. First of all, if you did it on a volley and it didn't get banged around too much, chances are that the sound may just be a bit of grommet rattling around inside the frame that was broken loose when the bumper snapped. If there is no visible crack, there's a strong likelihood that the frame itself isn't damaged. So before sending it to Head to replace a $5 piece of plastic, try taking it to a local racquet tech. They can cut out the strings and try to remove any loose bits in the frame, and then replace the grommet strip/bumper before restringing. If it still makes noise and performs poorly, by all means send it in. But you may as well save yourself some embarrassment in case it's not broken.