PDA

View Full Version : I want a hybrid of Big Ace with either NRG2 or X-One Biphase.

ogruskie
07-13-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm going to put BA in the mains, then one of the Technifibre strings in the crosses. I'm going to buy both, but I just want to an idea beforehand of what to expect (and what strings to put in first)

I'm seeking mostly durability, and then playability. Both elements are important to me, but I need my strings to last.

Keep in mind that I'm not a frequent string break. For example: According to the TW reviews of Wilson Super Spin, its considered to be an awful string that breaks very quick. I personally didn't like it because it was too mushy. Anyway, I had a full set-up of that string, played 6 hours per week, and it took me 2 months to break it. So if it took me 2 months to break a crappy string, I can only imagine how long it would take to break a quality string (although BA simply wont break in the mains, and the crosses are questionable).

I'd label myself as a 3.5 - 4.0 player. Semi-western forehand, one handed backhand. I love to wack the ball with full force. I recently started using a windshield wiper forehand so spin has improved dramatically.

So, which hybrid would be more durable judging by my game?

bluescreen
07-13-2008, 10:51 AM
why is durability such an issue to u if u rarely break strings?

anyway, i think i'll like x-one biphase more. if u dont break strings that much, i'd even try putting the x-one biphase in the mains for more playability.

ogruskie
07-13-2008, 11:05 AM
why is durability such an issue to u if u rarely break strings?

anyway, i think i'll like x-one biphase more. if u dont break strings that much, i'd even try putting the x-one biphase in the mains for more playability.

Because I'm cheap. I always put in full poly so I can play for months without having to restring. I play with my strings until they break, regardless of how it plays. But now I'm willing to invest some money into better strings to improve my game. Still, I want them to last.

bluescreen
07-13-2008, 11:14 AM
u'll still having plenty of life out of putting the biphase in the mains, trust me. if it takes u two months to break superspin, u'll have absolutely no problem with x-1 biphase in the mains, i guarentee that.

PROTENNIS63
07-13-2008, 11:41 AM
why not just try a synthetic gut or even the Maxim Touch multi that Pro Supex makes?

tennisfreak15347
07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
definetly NRG2. It is softer than X-one. IMO, better for a hybrid to soften up the stringbend, aka more playability and feel.

tennisinoc
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
u'll still having plenty of life out of putting the biphase in the mains, trust me. if it takes u two months to break superspin, u'll have absolutely no problem with x-1 biphase in the mains, i guarentee that.

I did a hybrid of x-1 in the mains and psgo in the crosses and this was the worst durability of any combo of strings I have tried.
The x-1 is too soft and the psgo cut through the strings fast.
I had 2 separate rackets strung up with this hybrid and both strings broke in my bag! Not hitting on the courts.
Once the crosses cut into the x-1 mains, the strings couldn't hold the tension anymore and just popped. Waste of money.
I think a softer cross is needed if you want x-1 as the mains.
And BA is much stiffer than psgo!

2nd_Serve
07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Unless your going to put the multi in the mains like bluescreen said, just use a syntehtic gut for a cross. The feel and playability isn't that differen't, and it just isn't worth that extra 10 dollars. Just use Pro Supex's Titan, PSGD, Gosen, Forten Sweet, or Pro Supex Syntehtic Gut Spiral Flex.

ogruskie
07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Alright, thanks for the help.