PDA

View Full Version : Fischer gurus -- help me please!!!

igor
03-27-2004, 11:13 AM
What do you know and think/feel about this racquet? This is Pro Classic vt pro Ti XL
Is it stable? Spin? Is the sweetspot tiny as they mentioned before?
Any info helps!
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/0e/1f/sprtTennisFischer_Pro_Classic_XL_Titanium.jpg

marc tressard
03-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Guru? Harldy, but I do own this one and I owned the predecessor Revolution Pro Classic before it. As I've noted here before, I use it as a gauge to learn how I'm really playing! This can be a rare pleasure to use, softer in feel than conventional player rackets, or a shock to the system, depeding on your strokes that day. It is only .2" longer than standard and it plays smaller than 98". My advice is to employ a softer string (brand irrevelant) and at low tension to get the best out it. Fischer for years used 46-56 as the reference, and low to mid 50's is fine; high tensions 60 on up snuff out the unique feel. An aramid or stiff poly will render this racket worthless IMHO. Yes, you must have a long and swift swing. As with many Fischers, a dampener makes a world of difference. When the stars are aligned this is like a taste of heaven with pinpoint radar control and good power (assuming mechanics are good). If you are playing less than very well this racket treats you the way a rude celebrity deals with an obnoxious autograph hound -- it dismisses you as unworthy ob einits presence. When you are on,otr if you are a skilled power baseliner who is not a glutton for "touch" you might say it is the best peice of gear youyhav ever employed. There is the rub: the tradeoff for the uniwqe feel is certain toning down of pure touch. some acvance dplayers tel me thye cna';t adjust ot his "soft" feel. Fischer decided to end the 7 year run with the red versions of 2002 and 2003. Alas, it is no more. I also love that wide grommet strip, which exudes quality. Strung with a gold or yellow string the Fischer makes a fashion statement too, if that is your thing. I can't play often enough or with enough skill to use it that much, but I admire this one above many in the me too world of racket design. I assume the longer Head Prestige 98 (is there an LM version?) is the closest in play. PS: The ceramic versions and the ti verisons don't feel different! I do not know if they changed the layup, Fischer provids much oddly incorrect info in their literature and few know anything in detail in the U.S. If you are unaccustomed to this product and demo it, it will take a month before you adapt and maybe "get it"; at first hit you might just put it down and move on. A few outstanding players I've handed one too for a few minutes thank me and return it with a dazed and confused, even glazed look: "Very dampened..."

03-29-2004, 09:26 AM
now THAT's a useful bit o'feedback. I find the new ProExtreme FT similar in that all the planets much converge harmonically in order really experience the best of the racquet. Alas....they rarely do. But it's sort of like golf....it's the great shots that keep you coming back for more. Top-level Fischers have that effect on many.

larrhall
03-29-2004, 11:20 AM
I had the Revolution Pro Classic Long, don't remember the exact name. Like many Fischers, it measured up short, something like 27.6 though it was tabbed at around 28. That was a good thing. This was a very comfortable frame and very easy to hit groundstrokes with control and depth. Serving was also good overall, though the swingweight was something like 340. Volleying was another matter. I think it was a combination of the length and swingweight that made volleying difficult. Also I wasn't volleying so good in those days (of course this has been corrected):)

Comfortable as the day is long, of course, that is the case with all the Fischers.

AAAA
03-29-2004, 12:54 PM
There were two Fischer Revolution Pro racquets.

The Revolution Pro Classic was about 27.5", 21 mm constant beam, sunburnt matt yellow, 98", about 325g unstrung?, billed as a players frame and Michael Stich once used it or a paint of it.
Verdict : Brilliant racquet, you're luckly if you still have these, my last one broke in an accident years ago.

The Revolution Pro Long was basically a lightweight tweener, longer and much lighter than the Rev Pro Classic. 23 or 25mm constant beam.

AAAA
03-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Rev Pro Classic - Stable, excellent for hitting accurate powerful drives and slices are fast with heavy backspin. You will want and need to take a big cut at the ball. Great for serves, kickers out wide to ad court really kicked up.

larrhall
03-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Rev Pro Long did taper I think from 23 to 25. However, it weighed about 12.4 ounces strung; not a tweener.

AAAA
03-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Probably right. I just checked my old Fischer brochure last night and saw three versions of the racquet. Add Fischer Revolution Club to the above list. The club was the tweener. My bad.

larrhall
03-30-2004, 07:28 AM
They had so many names for these frames, so similar - nearly impossible to match the names and frames exactly.

Anonymous
03-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Contact Curtis at cikeuchi@yahoo.com. I think he is a Fischer rep and he has low prices. For example: Fischer New Pro No. 1 98" FT 1/2 $99.99.