PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a string!!!

P8ntballa
07-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Im a strong 16yr. old male at the 3.5 level I play mainly from the baseline counting on my solid and hard groundies (topspin FH, topspin or flat 1HBH) to either open the court for a winner or force an error, I have a big flat first serve and a topspin second, I do venture to the net if needed, spin is crucial for my game as I use it to control my depth and placement, durability is also an issue, I break every 1 1/2-2 weeks of play.

Right now I am using lightningxx 17g at 56lbs and I really love this string, I have tried others and always had to come back to lightning. How do you think lightning would work as a hybrid in the crosses? With what main? I am open to any suggestions, Thanks.

PS as of today I have just re-strung my pro tour with 16g lightningxx, how does it compare to the 17g?

Valjean
07-13-2008, 02:04 PM
That just may be the right gauge for you, for durability reasons. You will need to adjust your stroke (start lower and slant the racquet face forward more) to get the same spin (and may never quite do it), power should be slightly less. Because of that Powerfoil wrap, you're never going to get the same springiness from another in its class.

If you require more durability, the logical next step for you will be Prince's Lightning Power, which fuses polyester to the nylon and retains that Powerfoil wrap, too.

tennisfreak15347
07-13-2008, 02:28 PM
go for Pro Hurricane Tour mains and a synthetic gut main.

tennisfreak15347
07-13-2008, 02:28 PM
PHT is all about spin.

duso
07-13-2008, 05:55 PM
PolyStar Energy, or Pacific Poly Soft. Both very similar I think you'll like them. Go at 58 on the M, and 61 on the X.

2nd_Serve
07-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Since you like your Lightning XX, why don't you try putting string savers in. If that doesn't work out too well with you, then you use Lightning XX in the mains (since that's where most of feel and racket qualities come from), and something else in the crosses. Of course, that string setup might also break quickly, so I recommend using a soft cross with string savers, or just vice versa.

Leelord337
07-13-2008, 10:15 PM
tecnifibre nrg2 17 or head fxp17\

trust me, these are excellent strings