PDA

View Full Version : How (where,what) do you pre-stretch your natural gut?

Fatkat
07-14-2008, 06:50 AM
I watched Yulitle's Video on pre-stretch strings. I want to know how you guys do it. I'm sure it will helps me on my certification test coming up in August.
Thank you in advance.

rasajadad
07-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Wrap it around a doorknob, walk loose ends to far end of room, place loose ends in a starting clamp, pull.

Zach
07-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Another method is to get a buddy with you, have to starting clamps, floating clamps, or extra fixed clamps. Next, place one end in one of the clamps, and the other end in the other clamp. Make sure you have enough room to back up the full forty feet, or twenty if it is a hybrid. Next, lean in to it just a little bit for about ten second, and that will do it. The coil memory should be mostly gone at this point.

jim e
07-14-2008, 04:43 PM
My machine is very heavy, so I can place one end of the gut in a clamp, walk back and pull for a time where the string goes limp, it does not take very much or a great amount of time, as I don't over pre stretch it, just enough to get rid of some of the coil memory. When you pull it you can feel it go limp, and notice it is not as coiled.

Mansewerz
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Another method is to get a buddy with you, have to starting clamps, floating clamps, or extra fixed clamps. Next, place one end in one of the clamps, and the other end in the other clamp. Make sure you have enough room to back up the full forty feet, or twenty if it is a hybrid. Next, lean in to it just a little bit for about ten second, and that will do it. The coil memory should be mostly gone at this point.

LOL aren't you applied as much tension as you weigh when you do that?

chrisplchs
07-14-2008, 07:00 PM
starting clamp block to hold one end, starting clamp with the other end some 40 feet away, then lean back for sometime, like 20-30 secs

certifiedjatt
07-14-2008, 07:35 PM
this is the most ridiculous thread ever....talk about marketing and pseudo-science wreaking havoc on people's brain.

Tim W
07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
this is the most ridiculous thread ever....talk about marketing and pseudo-science wreaking havoc on people's brain.

Uhh, what?

ODYSSEY Mk.4
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
My machine is very heavy, so I can place one end of the gut in a clamp, walk back and pull for a time where the string goes limp, it does not take very much or a great amount of time, as I don't over pre stretch it, just enough to get rid of some of the coil memory. When you pull it you can feel it go limp, and notice it is not as coiled.

i do the exact same

Richie Rich
07-15-2008, 05:06 AM
i wrap mine around one of the metal support posts in my basement.

mrw
07-15-2008, 07:25 AM
I wrap one end around my bumper hitch, the other around a street lamp. i pull forward slowly while my daughter strums the gut until it hits "high c" it's then ready to go.

Richie Rich
07-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I wrap one end around my bumper hitch, the other around a street lamp. i pull forward slowly while my daughter strums the gut until it hits "high c" it's then ready to go.

nice. what do the neighbor's think?

Zach
07-15-2008, 03:18 PM
LOL aren't you applied as much tension as you weigh when you do that?

I didn't say to give it all the force you had, just to lean into it a little bit.