PDA

View Full Version : drills for practicing lobs

Roforot
03-27-2004, 11:12 AM
To improve our doubles game, my partner and I will dedicate 5-10 minutes each practice session just to hitting offensive lobs. I have a good fundamental idea of how to hit the stroke and just want to groove it. He was thinking that one of us could hit lobs and the other could work on overheads at the same time? I worry that would be an exercise in frustration. I was wondering if both of us should be at the baseline and practice a moonballer's rally? What are your tips?

Roforot
p.s. thanks to all who helped w/ the previous post

Camilio Pascual
03-29-2004, 09:33 AM
One of the safest shots against a lob is another lob, so that moonballers' rally makes sense. Also, you should practice against groundstrokes, especially approach shots, which generally will be lower and sliced, even from top spinning baseliners. Increase the pace to get an idea of what kind of time you need to unload a lob, they take more time than regular groundstrokes. Good luck.

joebedford
03-29-2004, 11:19 AM
My buddies and I usually practice lobs and overheads at the same time, but just playing off of feeds would probably be a good approach as well.