PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Strings

cork_screw
07-14-2008, 07:00 PM
About a year ago Babolat stopped making Powergy. Usually they do this, but keep the string and rename it something else. I believe Powergy used to be named something else, but it was essentially the same string. Does anyone know what they renamed it to and what that would be. Or if that's not the case, what they replaced it with. Any suggestions on a comparable string to it. I've strung it on my PS85 exclusively and love it. I believe it's the best setup for that racquet as an all syn gut setup. But would actually like to try something like that w/ a hybrid on a comfy poly like weiss cannon or cyberspin. Anyways, any suggestions come to mind for those who have used it or are familar w/ it. :confused:

Fedace
07-14-2008, 07:03 PM
What about the MIRACLE POLY that all pros are falling in love with including the Women. when is that coming out ??

Fedace
07-14-2008, 07:05 PM
About a year ago Babolat stopped making Powergy. Usually they do this, but keep the string and rename it something else. I believe Powergy used to be named something else, but it was essentially the same string. Does anyone know what they renamed it to and what that would be. Or if that's not the case, what they replaced it with. Any suggestions on a comparable string to it. I've strung it on my PS85 exclusively and love it. I believe it's the best setup for that racquet as an all syn gut setup. But would actually like to try something like that w/ a hybrid on a comfy poly like weiss cannon or cyberspin. Anyways, any suggestions come to mind for those who have used it or are familar w/ it. :confused:

I believe it is called Babolat Xcel Premium i think. i think this is essentially the same string.

Valjean
07-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Babolat's Xcel *Power*, new this year, is an excellent replacement.

babolat141
07-15-2008, 10:31 AM
what if this new red poly lasts 10 times longer than any other poly ever or what if it lasts 20 times longer im so excited!!

giver deaner
07-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Powergy is still being made, the U.S. is just not carrying it.
Go up to a Canadian web site and order it.

Fedace
07-15-2008, 04:40 PM
what if this new red poly lasts 10 times longer than any other poly ever or what if it lasts 20 times longer im so excited!!

I really doubt that it will last 10X longer...... but i have heard that it plays as if it is one of the best polys in the market. i am eagerly waiting