PDA

View Full Version : Help! Racquet deformed after stringer!

lidation
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I have never string a racquet before so I used my old Wilson Energy racquet (bought from K-mart for $15 so you know what it is) for the first-time trial. I am using the Gamma X-2 stringer.

The racquet says 50-60 lbs recommended tension. I choose to use 60 Lb and after the mains, I found my racquet deformed into a round shape. :-?
The photo is below. So is it because the crap racquet itself or I used too much lbs?

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s46/lidation/CIMG0117.jpg

crazytennis
07-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Probably the make of the racquet and that you removed it before you completed the stringing. It's not the too much pounds thing.

iplaybetter
07-14-2008, 10:18 PM
lolololololololololololol
A: its cheep
B: it gets a little round and then becomes normal wiht the crosses
C: R u fur reelz
D: did you mound it right

lidation
07-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Now I don't have any cheap racquets to play around with. I need to figure this out better before putting my Babolat PDR or POG OS under potential disaster. :cry:

I mount the racquet just like what is shown on the videos. Plus, for the X-2, there is no way to mount it incorrectly...right?

crazytennis
07-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Now I don't have any cheap racquets to play around with. I need to figure this out better before putting my Babolat PDR or POG OS under potential disaster. :cry:

I mount the racquet just like what is shown on the videos. Plus, for the X-2, there is no way to mount it incorrectly...right?

dude, don't worry. Mount it right(which I think you're doing) and start stringing, it won't be deformed. Just don't stop in the middle of stringing and start doing other work. Try completing it before you stop. Did you finish the above shown racquet yet ?

lidation
07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
dude, don't worry. Mount it right(which I think you're doing) and start stringing, it won't be deformed. Just don't stop in the middle of stringing and start doing other work. Try completing it before you finish. Did you finish the above shown racquet yet ?

No I do not plan to put the cross to the above racquet today 'cause it's late and I'm pretty frustrated. I will do the cross tomorrow just to go through one full string job.

dancraig
07-14-2008, 10:54 PM
In the future, with your good racquets, don't ever string the mains and then take the racquet out of the mounting without stringing the crosses. The racquet could break.

dancraig
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Also, you are going to have a problem re-mounting that racquet and installing the crosses. I would just cut the mains out and start over. Good luck.

lidation
07-14-2008, 10:59 PM
In the future, with your good racquets, don't ever string the mains and then take the racquet out of the mounting without stringing the crosses. The racquet could break.

Really? :shock: Thanks for the tip! I didn't know this. Glad that I asked around here.