PDA

View Full Version : ProlineII - NRG2 Hybrid

FloridaAG
07-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Just got a new set up - Kirschbaum Proline II in the mains, Technifbre NRG2 in the crosses in Dunlop Aerogel 500 at 62 lbs.

Picked up yesterday and hit last night. First reaction is that I need to drop tension with this set up - felt much tighter than previous set ups at the same tension.

Will see where it goes and if it works for me or not.

Fedace
07-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Many top of the LINE stringers say when stringing a hybrid, you use the 58/60 lbs settup. because the poly is so much stiffer. this way you are stringing the poly 2 lbs looser to compensate. Kirsch will loosen up and get settled in as you hit more. IF you want softer settup, i would recommend YONEX super tour 850 pro and Kirsch hybrid. i think this will soften up the poly and works for me really well. i get both very good power and control and spin. I am also experimenting with X-1 biphase white and Kirsch hybrid too.
Maria Sharapova and many other pros do the same thing with tension,, ie 58/60.
but i am going with 60/58. why you may ask.?? i do this to increase the size of the sweetspot.

FloridaAG
07-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks - I am waiting to see how the strings react after some play and time loosens them - I expect them to soften significantly. I had thought about dropping the tension but thought I would give it a shot this way first

Fedace
07-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks - I am waiting to see how the strings react after some play and time loosens them - I expect them to soften significantly. I had thought about dropping the tension but thought I would give it a shot this way first

I actually tried my setup at higher tensions but some really weird reason, it just did not work for me. when i strung looser at 58/56, i was getting more power, and more control. More control part was what really surprised me, cause i thought when i lower the tension, i figured i would lose some control but weird thing was i actually got more control cause i was getting more spin.

FloridaAG
07-15-2008, 07:48 AM
I had the same experience last night - definitely going to lower the tension next time

Fedace
07-15-2008, 07:58 AM
I had the same experience last night - definitely going to lower the tension next time

I just think that the Kirschbaum pockets the ball much better at lower tensions. longer dwell time means more spin and more control

Kcraig
07-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Def lower the tension and don't be afraid to go low! I used to string full syn gut or multis at 60# and when first moved to polys I dropped a little and a little more and now I string my hybrids anywhere from 52-54# mains and 54-56 crosses. I sometimes even go a hair lower when the temps get cooler (40/50*). Kirsh Proline II is a pretty soft poly and NRG is pretty soft so I would try 55/57 and then go from there--nothing wrong with going low:)

FloridaAG
07-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks much - looks like this set up will work better after I lose tension - Maybe I should leave them in my car in the the Florida summer hear to speed it up -