PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Browser Users - Help

Gaines Hillix
01-25-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm trying to make the move from IE to Firefox as my primary web browser. So far some success, but I still have occasional problems accessing certain websites and it's not consistent. TW is one site that is not consistent. Sometimes I can access a particular URL just fine, other times the connection times out. My network proxy settings are the same between IE and FF. I've cleared my browser cache and cookies. Any other ideas?

Craig Sheppard
01-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Gaines, is there a particular part of TW that's giving you fits? I've used Firefox since it came out and haven't had any trouble with TW. Remember also on other sites (not TW), if they have any ActiveX controls, FF will have issues.

Have you tried firing up IE immediately after you get a timeout w/ FF? If you have and it comes up fine it's probably FF. If you haven't, I wouldn't rule out a network hiccup. For a while TW was timing out on me randomly; turns out it was a DNS problem with my router where it was not forwarding DNS requests correctly.

Craig

norcal
01-25-2005, 10:31 AM
I doubt it is the website cause I've been using FF for months and have never had an issue with the TW site.

NoBadMojo
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
aye gaines have either of you tried Avant as your browser? It's really slick and has got lots of features, and i like being able to open multiple windows rather than having to open multiple sessions of IE which is really bad, not to mention all the security problems and frailities inherent to IE..take Avant out for a spin....it's great..alot nicer than Firefox IMO. it runs great on my little network.

Gaines Hillix
01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
I think it's the network I'm on at work that is getting in the way although I've copied the network settings over from IE verbatem. FF's working fine on my home network "as we speak."

Tennis Guy
01-27-2005, 04:45 PM
aye gaines have either of you tried Avant as your browser? It's really slick and has got lots of features, and i like being able to open multiple windows rather than having to open multiple sessions of IE which is really bad, not to mention all the security problems and frailities inherent to IE..take Avant out for a spin....it's great..alot nicer than Firefox IMO. it runs great on my little network.
I use Firefox and prefer it over Avant.

Punisher44
01-29-2005, 03:48 PM
I have used Mozilla, FF PR and currently FF 1.0 without any issues. I find FF a much better browsing experience.

BTW, Thunder**** or Outlook Express or Outlook?

Max G.
01-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Just a note - Firefox routinely has a bug with the AO live scoreboard. Not the one that's in the popup, their default one that you get when you click on "matches in progress." If you start loading it, then midway through it loading tell that window to load something else instead, it'll crash Firefox.

v9989888
02-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Don't use avant - its essentially a dressed up IE, meaning that the same security issues still exist. I don't know really what the issue is - do you have all internet related software up to date (Java, flash player, etc.)? This won't affect TW surfing, however, so I'm not quite sure, other than the obvious Network restrictions on FF.

eagle
02-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi Gaines,

I've been using Firefox and it is the best browser I've used thus far. No issues loading TW, Australian open, or any other site. It's a solid browser.

r,
eagle