PDA

View Full Version : poly life

strike
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM
I've read all how poly goes dead and only lasts a set number of hours...which I experienced in my first poly trial. My 2nd with SPPP I enjoyed, but it seemed to go dead after 6 or so hours of play, at that time they started to move around some on me. So I cut them out...they definitely were not as crisp feeling as they were the first few hours.

Anyhow, I strung my racquet with Luxilon BB Original in the mains at 52, w/PSGM in the crosses at 58 Sunday evening since I was supposed to play Monday PM. The match was cancelled and my next one is at the end of the week. So the poly will have sat in the racquet for 4 days before use.

Any issues with letting it sit for a few days?

Fedace
07-15-2008, 09:01 AM
It will lose some tension while just sitting there. NOt sure how much. It is much better to keep it Cool, like next to the Air-conditioner blow vent. but in hot summer, poly like PHT only last 4 hours of play while Kirsch lasts about 6 hours.

strike
07-18-2008, 05:08 AM
played with them last night...after about 45 minutes the center mains were already moving around...does this mean they were already dead?

...playing tomorrow AM, so might restring today and try again...though I must admit I didn't like this setup near as much as SPPP w/OG Sheep Micro crosses...didn't have as much control, nor spin...that setup felt very crisp and I could get some heavy spin...last night the Luxilon/PSGM just felt somewhat mushy and unresponsive...maybe dead...?

oh - also, I know is a no-no, but was playing after work and didn't have much of an option, so Monday the racquet was in my car during the day, and although I parked in the shade, it likely got hot...perhaps poly is even more sensitive to this than synthetics/multis??

DLtoken
07-18-2008, 05:33 AM
I have the same feelings about BB Original.

If I bring my rackets to my job, I always bring them inside with me. Well, I actually bring my whole bag in as I have too many rackets. Anyways, I wouldn't cut the strings out yet. Play them for a little longer and see how the treat you.