PDA

View Full Version : have strings, need ideas

markwillplay
07-15-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a set of head sonic pro, luxilon ALU power, a couple sets of psgo and a set of technofiber x-1 byphase. I have been playing the byphase and really like it but I wanted to try poly. I am arm sensitive so I want to keep as comfortable as possible. If I hybrid some of them, what would be good combos and what tension. If I use the tech byphase and the ALU, what tension (I play head mic prestige pro)? I normally string mid tension (57-58) and then I know the tension drops. Anyway, I would love some help with combos and tensions to try that are pretty safe. I have a buddy that plays with ALu and a multy around 54 and he likes it. I just want good power and control. I really want good spin on serves. I can tell thatsome strings provide more kick than others even with the same motion.

wilsonsir12
07-15-2008, 04:45 PM
i would use the biphase in the psgo in the crosses and the alu in the mains

markwillplay
07-15-2008, 06:01 PM
that is what I was thinking. I wondered it the head sonic pro would be similar with the same set up? What tension do you think? this is a wildcard. I like soft but need to control. I don't want to be lauching balls long. I hit semi western forhand with lots of spin and volley a lot. The tension on the stick is 52-62 so maybe I should try lower side for both crosses and mans? Like 55 for each or less?

markwillplay
07-16-2008, 05:47 PM
found a set of ektelon power play and decided to string it in the crosses at 56 and the ALU in the mains at 54. This should be interesting. I was hesitant to use the techno biphase for the crosses as I thought that it was a bit expensive. I still have it and may try it later (I really like that string). I am really interested in the head sonic pro as a main in a hybrid with a soft multy or syn gut. I am looking for that combo of great spin/control, softness and power....duh..maybe impossible but there must be a combination with the strings I have that would work.

I do wonder if trying the poly in the crosses and the biphase in the mains would be good. One stringing at a time I guess.

Anyone that has any comments on these strings and combos, chime in. I will listen.

Stan
07-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Power Play crosses with a good poly main sounds like a winner to me. I do not consider Lux ALU a good poly main for recreational and league players as it loses properties too rapidly.

markwillplay
07-17-2008, 05:39 AM
gotcha, maybe the head sonic pro lasts longer? If not, what would you recommend. I also have some psgo that I can use for a cross. I assume that I would want to string it fairly low so it adds softness. I find that a full bed of technofiber biphase is softer than psgo at the same tension.