PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble deciding.....

Stitch626
03-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble deciding which of my 2 demos i want to buy (PBB and PS 6.0 95) because i love both of them. I'm a high school all-courter but I'm starting to lean towards S&V, Chip n' charge. I like the light feel from the PBB but also like the solid feel from the PS which has a higher swingweight and thicker beam. Which one of these two do you guys like better and why? Just want to hear your comments and opinions. I will probably decide sooner or l8r anyway. Oh, and which one should I choose based on my level?

@wright
03-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Take the unbeaten path, get the Estusa. How many other high school kids have you seen playing with it? None

Stitch626
03-27-2004, 02:35 PM
well i haven't seen any high school kids wit the 6.0 either =P. thanks for the comment.

kreative
03-27-2004, 09:08 PM
are your shots more loopy or flat? what aspects do you like about each racquet? compare them on individual aspects such as spin, control, power, volleys, serve, groundies....pros and cons. they're both good racquets. i think they're both good for s&v play, but that the 6.0 95" is more foregiving, and better on groundies.

bcaz
03-28-2004, 10:05 PM
I've been playing the PBB for about 6-7 months now. Over time, I've added some lead to the head and Wilson Pro overgrips and they are just a tad less head-light around (10 pts) than stock and weigh 12.9-13.0 oz. The lead helped correct the one deficiency I discerned in the PBB - a little too dead in the upper hoop and a smidgen too head-light.

I really like the PS 6.0 95 and keep one in my bag. It's about the closest thing out there to a PBB (other than the other Estusas). The Wilson is very similar: it's a bit more powerful than the PBB, but not quite as accurate or as comfortable. That's not to say it's inaccurate or uncomfortable; the PBB is very easy on the arm and has better directional control than anything with less than 18 mains, and it produces copious spin.

I hit with the 6.0 95 now and then; it's real sweet with Klip Legend 17g natural gut at 61 lbs. I eventually plan to fit it with an overgrip and a bit of lead to preserve the balance -- I expect it'll hit even better.

BC

Stitch626
03-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Hrmm.. im pretty sure now that i'm going with the estusa. I can do better kickers and it feels so much lighter, so good for s&v. Also for me, I get more power out of the estusa. I think once i get used to the 92 in. head I will start to play even better..... hopefully.... =D