PDA

View Full Version : I am doing something to deform the racquet when I string??

tennis50
07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
I have a dropweight MP stringer with 6 point mounting. I have strung 40-50 racquets since March of 2008. Twice, I have strung two different racquets. After two jobs, there seemed to be a flaw in the cross strings and how they lay on the stringbed. The middle of the cross strings won't adjust correctly so that they are evenly distributed on the stringbed. One cross string stays higher and the cross string below it stays lower(seems bowed). Even when I try to push them to look right the two cross strings return to their uneveness on the stringbed immediately. I hope I am explaining this okay.

I can't do a photo because I don't have enough posts here. I should be able to adjust the two cross strings so they look evenly distributed but I can't. When I push the two strings where they should be they instantly go back to an erratic position. This has happened twice on two different racquets and I am concerned that I am doing something wrong??? Can you please help so I don't destroy my friends racquets? I am very careful when I mount to not tighten too much. I two finger tighten so the racquet doesn't move when I try to rotate the handle. What could be causing this to happen? It seems like these racquets are now warped or deformed. I don't think there was this issue before I strung them? I cut the strings out as per YUlittles video. Please, please help and thank you in advance.

Richie Rich
07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
what type of string are you using? are you weaving one hole ahead when doing the crosses? are you taking care not to burn the crosses when you weave them?

i get bowed strings when i do the crosses but when i straighten them they always stay straight.

Stan
07-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a mis-weave. Somewhat who learning to string should not be stringing for others until they are supremely confident in their skills.

tennis50
07-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I totally agree with Stan. I do string my friends racquets for free. Free doesn't matter if I am hurting the racquet somehow. One of the racquets was mine and I have thoroughly inspected for misweaves and there were none.

The string I used both times was Prince Syn gut 16. I am weaving one ahead and pushing the string forward while I pull to prevent burning as in YUlittle's video's. I know it shouldn't do this and I want to prevent it from ever happening again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have told my friends that I won't be stringing for them any more unless I find out exactly what I am doing wrong. I would still like to know so I don't do damage to the racquets I own. Please help me. I can't afford to damage more racquets if I have. Thank you sincerely!!

DLtoken
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
"A pic is worth a thousand words..." Host it on image shack and post a pic man. Really, I don't think anyone will get a clear pic here without one. Sorry.

tennisfreak15347
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
I dont know if this will help too much, but sometimes crosses will stay in their deformed position if you leave it be for too long. Try to fix them as soon as possible while stringing.

*edit* also, make sure that you string top to bottom for your crosses. This puts more stress on the throat of the racquet, where it is stronger. If you string your crosses bottom to top, it will deform the racquet's head, especially in racquets such as Yonex and HEAD

tennis50
07-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks tennisfreak, I religiously string head to throat.

Ljubicic for number1
07-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Sounds like a simple mis weave to me too, need pics

toughshot
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
yea you just pulled a double

the strings should be alternating (over, under, over, under)

curio
07-17-2008, 03:30 AM
What you describe can appends in several cases :

Because of misweave(s)
Because the tension of your crosses is not uniform : When a cross has a higher tension than others, the action of the over-tensioning pushes through the mains the near crosses up or down.