PDA

View Full Version : asics gel resolution are they that good?

tnkGod4tns
07-16-2008, 03:50 PM
seems like everybody is out of them, are they that good or they just don't make enough of them?

rabidcow
07-16-2008, 08:50 PM
I think that they sold more than anticipated, you can find a pair if you just do a little searching

El Guapo
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
They have almost zero interest in marketing their tennis stuff in the US. The shoes are good if you have low arches and wide heels. If you have a more normal-shaped foot, they might not be the best shoe for you.

Il Mostro
07-16-2008, 10:06 PM
They have almost zero interest in marketing their tennis stuff in the US. The shoes are good if you have low arches and wide heels. If you have a more normal-shaped foot, they might not be the best shoe for you.

Guapito, you have them? I have them on order but you have raised a red flag with the "wide heel" comment. Please clarify. Thanks!

El Guapo
07-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Guapito, you have them? I have them on order but you have raised a red flag with the "wide heel" comment. Please clarify. Thanks!
Yes, they are a bit wide in the heel and midfoot (because of low arch support) but narrower in the forefoot. I typically get a better fit from Nike but really like the Yonex 305. The Asics feel similar to the NB822 in terms of fit for me.

GokuQ
07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
el guapo, i'm trying to find a replacement for the yonex 305, i dont like the 306's
could you compare the fit on the asics to the 305?
thanks

El Guapo
07-17-2008, 08:52 AM
el guapo, i'm trying to find a replacement for the yonex 305, i dont like the 306's
could you compare the fit on the asics to the 305?
thanks
The Asics are wider in the midfoot and heel and the toebox isn't as supple (it folds down more on your toes in the Asics). They're also a bit heavier than the 305. My heel moves too much in the Asics.

The 305s were the best shoes ever made, IMO. If I were getting something else, I'd look into the Nike Oscillates or the Vapor V.

GokuQ
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
thanks, will have to try the vapor on next time

Il Mostro
07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Yes, they are a bit wide in the heel and midfoot (because of low arch support) but narrower in the forefoot. I typically get a better fit from Nike but really like the Yonex 305. The Asics feel similar to the NB822 in terms of fit for me.

Thank you.

El Guapo
07-17-2008, 10:56 AM
thanks, will have to try the vapor on next time
What size do you wear? I've found lots of places with the 305 still in stock in various colors.

Klatu Verata Necktie
07-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I called a pro shop that told me the Asics Gel Resolution had been discontinued. Oh well.

Cyclone
07-17-2008, 12:06 PM
i have medium to higher arches, and i don't find any discomfort from the arch support; in fact, it's quite supportive. do a search, as there are several threads related to the asics gel resolutions; the response is overwhelmingly positive

El Guapo
07-17-2008, 12:14 PM
^^^ Try comparing to some other shoes to give some sort of perspective. The Asics do not have high arch support. Trust me.

Il Mostro
07-17-2008, 12:29 PM
I called a pro shop that told me the Asics Gel Resolution had been discontinued. Oh well.

This doesn't jibe with what TW just told me. Their next shipment is scheduled to come in on 7/24. Seems weird that a relatively new shoe that is sold out and has a strong following would be discontinued.

GokuQ
07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
10 1/2, i bought the last 3 pairs from m i d blah blah west.......

Klatu Verata Necktie
07-17-2008, 02:35 PM
This doesn't jibe with what TW just told me. Their next shipment is scheduled to come in on 7/24. Seems weird that a relatively new shoe that is sold out and has a strong following would be discontinued.

Hopefully the store I spoke with was misinformed.

El Guapo
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
10 1/2, i bought the last 3 pairs from m i d blah blah west.......
I know a place that has the 10.5 silver/white/navy ones online for $59.

Cyclone
07-18-2008, 12:23 AM
^^^ Try comparing to some other shoes to give some sort of perspective. The Asics do not have high arch support. Trust me.

oh i'm not disputing that there are shoes that have higher arch support, or that the asics have a high arch support. i'm just saying that for me personally, i have medium to higher arches, and the arch support doesn't bother me. that's all haha

VikingSamurai
07-18-2008, 08:00 AM
I currently own the asics Challengers and the asics Gel-Game (Japan Version) And some other asics hardcourt shoes..

I also own a brand new pair of Nike Zoom Air shoes, and although I love my new Air Zooms, I must say that the asics are alot more comfy..

I spent the day walking around with the wife with the Aie Zomms on today, and felt that they are light, but weren't really for walking around for two hours in.. So I am wondering how they will go in match play on a hard court next month..

The asics on the other hand, I have worn playing, and walking around and have found them to be great.. No complaints..

Chris

Il Mostro
07-18-2008, 08:27 AM
I currently own the asics Challengers and the asics Gel-Game (Japan Version) And some other asics hardcourt shoes..
Chris

Chris, do you have pics of the Nihon Gel-Game? I'm hoping to pick up some shoes with a different look while visiting the in-laws later this year. I trust that shoe sizes are not as "challenging" as apparel sizes -- I always wind up buying my yukatas at the Sumo shop :-)

samster
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM
heck yeah, the Resolutions are the best tennis shoes I have ever worn.

jmsx521
07-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I know a place that has the 10.5 silver/white/navy ones online for $59.Which store is that?

VikingSamurai
07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Chris, do you have pics of the Nihon Gel-Game? I'm hoping to pick up some shoes with a different look while visiting the in-laws later this year. I trust that shoe sizes are not as "challenging" as apparel sizes -- I always wind up buying my yukatas at the Sumo shop :-)

Here you are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P5220375.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P4260008.jpg

goosala
07-19-2008, 01:16 AM
All I know is that most retailers are running out of them. They must be a decent shoe for this type of selling. I actually like them and would give them a try. I have never owned Asics or Babolat shoes so I am willing to experiment.

fridrix
07-19-2008, 07:15 AM
heck yeah, the Resolutions are the best tennis shoes I have ever worn.

Me too. It is hard to tell if they are selling fast or if there is some kind of supply problem. But yeah, they're that good.

jmsx521
07-19-2008, 07:22 AM
El Guapo, or anyone else, where is that secret online place that sells them for $69?

Il Mostro
07-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks Chris -- very nice looking kicks.

Aerial
07-19-2008, 06:31 PM
oh i'm not disputing that there are shoes that have higher arch support, or that the asics have a high arch support. i'm just saying that for me personally, i have medium to higher arches, and the arch support doesn't bother me. that's all haha

use superfeet green to replace the current insoles and you should be fine.

My partner uses them in her BF II and loves them. I use the orange in my resolution and love them.

The shoes supply is basically running out based on the demand. The shoes are cheap for the amount of cushioning and support they provide.