PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use full Luxilon string jobs?

AJK1
07-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Anyone on these boards use a full Luxilon string job on their racquets?
I'm thinking of using a full Fluoro string job on my APDC and am curious to hear from others who may do the same.

counterpuncher
07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't have an APDC but I am using a full Timo 18 job in a Prestige Pro and full Ace job in a RQiS1. A full Ace job is my first preference in all racquets unless it proves too stiff and causes me arm pain - then I look to SPPP, Cyber Flash and Cyber Blue instead.

Freedom
07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I use full Luxilon. Two of my racquets are strung with full BBO Rough, and the other is full Alu Power.

DarthCow
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I use a PDC with full Alu Power.

I started using it while looking for a high end string.
It doesnt last long, and its fairly expensive, but the amount of spin iand control i get is great.

Fluoro is softer than Alu Power, yes?

nickb
07-17-2008, 12:49 AM
I used ALU Power for a long time (full job) in my N90s. I switched to fischer using full Big Banger Original. Now gone back to the K90 and using ALU in the mains...my arm cant take a full job in the small headsize.

Nick

Hankenstein
07-17-2008, 04:21 AM
I tried a Alu Power Rough in my APDC at around 55 lbs. At first hit it was way way waaaay to stiff for my liking so I just didnīt use that racket for about 3 weeks and now when I picked it up and used it again the stringbed was softer and I really liked it. It gives me more control then I though possible in this frame.

When I played competition seriously 5-6 years ago I used the normal Alu Power 16 in my rackets and I really liked it back then.

No hybrid, just pure Alu =)

Servin' Steve
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I use BB Original Rough at 58 on my APD (no cortex) and its just as stiff as any poly I've tried and I find it provides great power and control and especially a ton of spin. Thus far it has been very durable and very little tension loss after a couple weeks playing nearly everyday it is still quite fresh

150mph_
07-17-2008, 05:18 PM
i used full ace and timo on my racquets before... ace was very durable (to me) and tension holding was great
timo the balls i hit have everything on it.. power, spin, control...
used back to back on my n6.1s my practice partners can feel the difference in terms of power spin and control between timo and ace...

if i had my own machine and had reels of strings i'd use timo every time...

martin8768
07-17-2008, 06:03 PM
i have full ace right now at 52lbs in my rds002tour, no arm pain. durable enough, breaks before it goes dead for my anyways, depends how you hit, i just love the spin, control and feel of ace

Zach
07-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I've used ALU Power and ALU Power Rough as full job in my APDC's. They were great strings, just too expensive.:)

rasajadad
07-18-2008, 07:08 AM
I used full Alu Power in my Head Radicals right up to the day my elbow exploded. (It was fun while it lasted, though.)

Booyah
07-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Full BB Original is great.

BluDiamond
07-19-2008, 01:48 AM
I use full Alu Power strings at 55lbs on my APDC. Even though they are meant to be durable, they only last me 5 or 6 days, so they are very expensive at Ģ20 per restring. Very nice strings though, lots of power and control, although some people say they vibrate too much. I've used them since i was about 12 though, so after 4 years, i think i'm used to them.

doctor dennis
07-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I just put in a full set of Alu Power in my RDS 003 at 53lbs.
Its the first time i`ve used a proper poly as a full job and i must admit for the first 5-10 mins i wasn`t really impressed with any aspect of this string. After the first 10 mins i decided to hit the ball harder. All i can say is wow. Power, spin and control in abundence. I was hitting freakishly well considering i have not played much recently. This string encourages you to take big swipes at the ball to get any reward which compliments my game. I can see why players with lots of touch or feel may not like it much but if you like to hit hard from the baseline this is the way to go. I`ve never hit so deep, so consistently and never had so much confidence taking on short balls.
It was more comfortable than i thought it would be and i have no arm pain.
Try it, i think you`ll like it!!!

clarky
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Yep, I have full Luxilon Big Banger original in my Head Extreme Pro on the advice of NickB. This string is awesome. I used to use full Lux Alu power, but I prefer the original BBO, the power, spin and control is just unbelievable, can hit my shots without the fear of them going long. I have tried many polys over the years, the Lux BBO is the best hands down

AJK1
07-21-2008, 04:45 PM
I have just put my racquet in to get a full Fluoro string job at 54lbs. It will be interesting to see how it feels.

GMN
07-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I use a full Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour.

B-rian
07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Tried ALU Power Rough @ 60 in my PDC and Original Rough @ 60 in my Pure Storm. Loved both set ups

150mph_
07-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Tried ALU Power Rough @ 60 in my PDC and Original Rough @ 60 in my Pure Storm. Loved both set ups

the rough is so boardy though... especially if contact point was hit late :( kills the elbow lol but if form is good then its magic

tennistomcat
07-22-2008, 06:15 PM
I've gone back to big banger ace full job on my Kfactor 90. It feels so good i wonder why i ever tried anything else --- but had tennis elbow issues when I 1st used it. Could never find a string that gave me performance & control ace does. Will have to wait & see if elbow issues come back. Anyone have any experience how Big Banger Ace feels compared to the original? I've never used any other luxilon stings

Julieta
07-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Flouro (sp??) is a bit scary as I've heard some bad arm stories with that. I used full ALU for a few years without problems....but I didn't play all that much. Don't be afraid to lower the tension if you are going to try a full set of it. I also dont know about that on that particular racquet...might be trouble. Do you have any history of arm/wrist/shoulder problems? If not, then go for it. But if you do, I would stay away. Having said that there is nothing like full ALU.

binomialtheory
07-22-2008, 06:50 PM
My friend uses full Luxilon BB OG. He's in love with it.

B-rian
07-22-2008, 06:52 PM
the rough is so boardy though... especially if contact point was hit late :( kills the elbow lol but if form is good then its magic

yeah it did feel a bit boardy at first but as i continued to hit with it, i fell in love with it. i guess its because of the spin i produced :)

clarky
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I really recommend the full Lux BBO. I used to use Alu Power at around 58-60lbs, it used to hurt my arm. I have no problems however with the full BBO, but I did drop the tension to 56lbs, plays like a dream, control and spin is second to none, and so far has not hurt my arm. I think the lower tension may help, when I string polys at 58lbs and above they tend to hurt my arm.

I think full Lux BBO or Alu Power at 55-56lbs cant go wrong.

AJK1
07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
If i don't like the Fluoro i will try a full BBO string job @ 54lbs.

Casco
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Anyone on these boards use a full Luxilon string job on their racquets?
I'm thinking of using a full Fluoro string job on my APDC and am curious to hear from others who may do the same.

I use full ALU Rough in my Head Extreme Pros. I keep trying out other strings but so far, nothing has been quite as good for me. At 60 lbs, which I tried once, I had some arm soreness after the first day i used them, but this did not return afterwards, probably because the initial tension loss was enough to soften them just enough. I usually string it at 58, and have no pain. After the initial loss in tension and crispness, they change only very gradually and predictably. It's a great string. I have tried hybriding with it, but I find that whatever else I have used to hybrid, bring the overall quality of play down, so I stick with just the ALU Rough

Jackie T. Stephens
07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I use full lux baby in my k90s.

AJK1
07-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, i used my full Fluoro string job and i must say it was awesome!
The feel, power level and spin level was superb, i was amazed at the precision to which my shots would go exactly where i was aiming, and the power level was perfect.
I like the fact that they are 17g, they feel much better to me than thicker strings. I think the durability will be fine.
Needless to say i thoroughly am hooked on these strings.

hoodjem
07-26-2008, 06:14 AM
I used ALU Power for a long time (full job) in my N90s. I switched to fischer using full Big Banger Original. Now gone back to the K90 and using ALU in the mains...my arm cant take a full job in the small headsize.

Nick

Nick,
What did use for the crosses with the ALU mains in the K90?

roddick89
07-26-2008, 07:18 AM
I have used it, and its amazing for a about 4 hours, but after that its dead.

zapvor
08-05-2008, 08:38 AM
i thought you were not supposed to use luxilon as full jobs....

i had someone that came in and wanted a n.61 95 strung with full luxilon at 61lbs! after putting in alu power 16l it just doesnt feel quite right...i still say better to hyrbid with lux mains. what do you guys think?

nickb
08-05-2008, 08:51 AM
i thought you were not supposed to use luxilon as full jobs....

i had someone that came in and wanted a n.61 95 strung with full luxilon at 61lbs! after putting in alu power 16l it just doesnt feel quite right...i still say better to hyrbid with lux mains. what do you guys think?

I think it plays better full. People can use what they want...some pro's string luxilon over 70...use whatever you like.

x5150
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I got full fluoro 17 in flexpoint radical @ 55lbs. Switched from sensation 16 at 58 lbs. No elbow problems yet, got sweet spin and power. Also using head perfect control 16. wilson sensation feels the best , fluoro plays the best, head string in between those two.

quest01
08-08-2008, 10:15 AM
If you were going to use a full Luxilon string job which string would you choose, Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Fluoro 17 gauge or Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18 gauge? and also explain why?

bumblebee
08-08-2008, 11:50 AM
bb original in mains at 68lbs and bb ALU power in crosses at 66lbs in a pro staff 6.0 85

nadal for number1
08-22-2008, 03:13 PM
big banger original, 58 pounds

NickC
08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I use full Big Banger Alu Power Rough in my Prince Diablo MP strung at 55 pounds. I use Alu Power at 58 pounds on my o3 tour MP. There is truly nothing better than a fresh job of the stuff. It's simply incredible.

kashgotmoney
08-22-2008, 09:59 PM
alu power rough is the best luxilon string... even fed agrees wit me lol

mjv384
08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
yup. full poly is the best.

quest01
08-23-2008, 03:11 PM
I use full Luxilon ALU Power Rough on a K90.

ps2dcgba
08-23-2008, 03:30 PM
My first time stringing with full job Luxilon and I must say my arm started aching after a light hitting session, this has never happened to me.... using a Asian K 61 Tour ,luxilon big banger at 60lbs.... control is awesome though...

2ndserveace
08-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Personally, I've never used luxilon as a full job. I have a sensitive arm so I've always used it in a hybrid with a softer polyester so that I can still have control but without the arm pain.