PDA

View Full Version : how are diadora shoes?

nanni
07-16-2008, 09:08 PM
i have been wearing nikes and adidas mainly.found that nikes are light but a bit narrow for my feet.adidas barricades are solid,but a bit heavy.i saw some neat diadora speed shoes which looked impressive,but i have never worn them.any feedback will be useful.

manhster
07-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I wore speed pro's for about 5 months. Fit like a glove but not too much lateral stability. I liked them but when I switched to asics resolution and reebok kfs pump I realized how much less cushion they were on your forefoot. It was like playing on hard rubber vs a cushioned base.

shell
07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
I wore speed pro's for about 5 months. Fit like a glove but not too much lateral stability. I liked them but when I switched to asics resolution and reebok kfs pump I realized how much less cushion they were on your forefoot. It was like playing on hard rubber vs a cushioned base.

I agree. I still have a pair of speedtechs that I like just fine, but the asics resolution just made them pale in comparision. The Diadora's are speed oriented, low to the ground with nice cushioning through heel and mid foot. But the forefoot (the ball of your foot) was left with not much cushion. I didn't realize this until the asics. They do all the diadora's do, but also provide full cushioning.

The Diadoras are fine, but just not the best.

dunlop kid
07-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Diadora is awesome. ve gotta a pair of their 05 ljubicic model and they were very comforable and lasted about 6 months.There also very good value for money

tomas9848
07-25-2008, 09:05 AM
which diadora

dunlop kid
07-25-2008, 02:35 PM
The ones that are silver with the blue diadora sign.Hes wearing them in this photo-

silvhttp://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Your_Game/Instruction_Articles/Backhand/2006_04_18_ivan_ljubicic_2.jpger

mctennis
07-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Not much support or cushioning IMHO.

choth21
07-27-2008, 06:04 PM
I wore the Speed Pro, and hated them. They're extremely light, but they have no lateral support at all. i was always afraid I was going to twist an ankle.

they sure do look cool, though.

fuzz nation
07-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I had a phenomenal experience with a pair of original Speedzones from them. Very comfortable despite the "low to the ground" layout, great feel of the court under my foot, superior traction, and exceptional durability. They felt a bit more like soccer shoes than typical tennis sneaks and since my first pair was so good, I tried a pair of newer Speed Fires. Unfortunately I didn't get the same experience - while they weren't horrible, they were only average for me, but I remain convinced that Diadora can turn out a really good shoe. For the record, my foot is relatively narrow and rather flat.