PDA

View Full Version : Different method of stringing

roddick_rulz
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I usually get Luxillon Alu Power Rough strung on my racquet. Once I took it to the store and noticed they use 2 nots but when i took it to my coach to string it, he used 4 nots. Does it make a difference?

davidahenry
07-17-2008, 02:48 PM
The store used one piece of string to string your racquet. Your coach used two pieces of string. From a playability standpoint, it should make little to no difference. It is more a matter of preference for the stringer - some people prefer to do one-piece stringing whiles others prefer two. There is, of course, one situation where two-piece stringing is required - hybrid stringing. There are other situations where two-piece stringing is preferred but not required - stringing natural gut and to avoid using an ATW pattern.

I'm new to stringing, so I hope the above statements are accurate. :) If not, please forgive me, and I'm sure others will chime in to correct me. :)

tennis50
07-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Another factor...you should never string the crosses throat to head. It can lead to frame deformities or worse. With some manufacturers it will void the warranty. Some stringers take shortcuts (one piece) because they might not know. Look at YUlittles videos. He does a nice job explaining which racquet's require 2 piece and mathematically how to tell.

I think it goes.... 2-PIECE STRINGING FOR 16 MAINS & 6 GROMMETS IN THROAT, OR 18 MAINS & 8 GROMMETS IN THROAT. Cheers!!

tennis50
07-17-2008, 03:28 PM
edit....one piece stringing for 18 MAINS & 8 GROMMETS IN THROAT.

smarion2
07-17-2008, 04:18 PM
The store used one piece of string to string your racquet. Your coach used two pieces of string. From a playability standpoint, it should make little to no difference. It is more a matter of preference for the stringer - some people prefer to do one-piece stringing whiles others prefer two. There is, of course, one situation where two-piece stringing is required - hybrid stringing. There are other situations where two-piece stringing is preferred but not required - stringing natural gut and to avoid using an ATW pattern.

I'm new to stringing, so I hope the above statements are accurate. :) If not, please forgive me, and I'm sure others will chime in to correct me. :)

this is right