PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new racquet, but.........(not a racquet thread)

Charlie_Boy
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Sup guys!

I'm getting a new racquet (either a Babolat aero storm or prince ozone four), and I'm considering getting natural gut strings. Babolat's best available most likely (babolat natural VS).

But was wondering, if I get these strings, and I think they're amazing, will it suck if I go to lesser synthetic strings when I get it restrung in a few months time?

Valjean
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Of course; they will seem dead and lacking in feel. The more your game does, the more you will feel its loss; gut's a very versatile string, contributing in every way to every play.

YULitle
07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes. We gave away free string when you bought a new racquet at my last shop and I frequently had people, against my advice, get natural gut and then lament the inevitable switch.

Zielmann
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah. If you use natural gut now knowing that you will be changing to a syn. gut later on, you won't ever be happy with your strings again.

Gut is so nice to play with, that afterwards anything that's not natural gut feel like crap. Even if it's a really good quality syn. gut.

I would say, only put on the natural gut if you are willing to shell out the extra money every time you get the racquet strung. One option for you would be to do a hybrid with natural gut. That way you get some of the fell, but they don't break quite as often...

Charlie_Boy
07-18-2008, 07:34 AM
K, I guess I'll stray away from it for now. Thanks for the replies.

PROTENNIS63
07-18-2008, 09:53 AM
natural gut will spoil you so going to synthetic gut will not feel too good :)

DarthCow
07-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Lets just say,
Ignorance is bliss.

hoodjem
07-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Be careful what you wish for.

Il Mostro
07-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Start stringing. The longer life of gut will help even out the cost, especially if you compare to paying a shop to string your racquets with a premium multi.