PDA

View Full Version : Strings for Yonex RDS 003

Trev343
07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello Everybody,

I need some help with my stringing decision. Well I bought a racquet used and my tennis friend said thats the worst condition hes ever seen strings. He gave me some string for free and I was wondering what you guys thought of it. I'm rated as strong 3.5 and I hit with Eastern Forehand, and two handed backhand. Also im an all court player.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-PL2125.html

What tension should I have it strung, I have no clue as for my personal preference because this will be my first time getting my racquet restrung!

Thanks a lot!
~Trev343

YULitle
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Basically, you won't know until you try something. There are some don'ts for your first string job (and no previous experience with restringing) and those are poly and kevlar. Start with something simple like Prince Synthetic Gut w\ Duraflex or a multifilament like Yonex Tour Super 850 or Wilson NXT.

After you try one, and get an idea for what it does and doesn't do for you, get back to us and we can help you fine tune.

String it in the middle of the recommended range.

Trev343
07-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Basically, you won't know until you try something. There are some don'ts for your first string job (and no previous experience with restringing) and those are poly and kevlar. Start with something simple like Prince Synthetic Gut w\ Duraflex or a multifilament like Yonex Tour Super 850 or Wilson NXT.

After you try one, and get an idea for what it does and doesn't do for you, get back to us and we can help you fine tune.

I swear everyone tells me to get Yonex Tour Super 850! I guess it must be perfect for me lol. Thanks for your help. More is defintily welcome.

DLtoken
07-18-2008, 05:50 AM

QFT

Learning about strings takes time and experimenting. It's a good idea to understand the basics before jumping all around into the complexities. ...Don't rush it. I am working with multis at the moment and am having a blast with Volkl's Power Fiber 18g.

mitchell_ota
07-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Since this is your first time around with new strings on this racquet, YULitle's advice is definitely good and should be taken to heart. As he mentioned, you don't want to push the extremes. Prince synthetic gut w/ Duraflex is a good place to start - cheap, good quality, and it plays well. My personal favorite synthetic gut string is Gosen OG Micro 17, which is pretty close to the Prince string and it's about the same price too.

My girlfriend is using a Yonex RDS 003, and she is currently trying out Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17, which is a multifilament string. She said it's very comfortable and it hits well, so you may want to look into those too.

As for tension, stay in the middle for now. Don't change too many variables all at once, otherwise you won't know what is really making the difference you'll feel.