PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum string most similar to Topspin Cyberflash

Danman22
07-18-2008, 06:13 AM
I just received full sponsorship with Kirschbaum. I have been very happy with Topspin Cyberflash 16 g (1.30 mm) but was wondering which Kirschbaum strings most closely resemble Topspin Cyberflash 16 g.

Thanks in advance,

Danman

FloridaAG
07-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Not sure - I recently started using Proline II - its description sounded similar to me but I have never played with CF

Danman22
07-19-2008, 06:01 AM
I guess there isn't a Kirschbaum string similar to Topspin Cyberflash.

Dan

Kevo
07-19-2008, 06:07 AM
I would guess it depends on what you like about Cyberflash. I would say Competition is probably the one to try first, but it's not entirely similar. You would need to drop the tension on the Competition from what you use with Cyberflash. Maybe a 5% drop to start and go from there.

Proline II would also be one to try.

hoodjem
07-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Most of the Kirchbaum polys are going to be softer than CF. Evo has a good point in his question: what do you like about CF?

If it's the crispness/hardness of CF, then you are going to have a difficulty.
But Competition does look like a good place to start.

FloridaAG
07-19-2008, 03:53 PM
As I posted - I like my Proline II with NRG in a hybrid - working great for me now that the tension has loosened some

Fedace
07-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I have lots of experience with Proline 2. To me it is about in the middle as far as stiffness of the poly string goes. But it is one of the more powerful polys out there, right along side of Alu power. this is especially true when it is freshly strung. Also, it has pretty good feel for a poly string. maybe it is cause i tried the 17 G ? and as far as spin potential, i think it is also one of the best spin strings out there. it grabs the ball very well, better than Alu power for sure.

Danman22
07-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Thank you for the help. I like the control and pop which I seems to get with the Cyberflash. I like the similarity to Lux Alu Rough but the better tension maintenance with CF. From the recommendations I have received here, I will start by trying out both the Kirschbaum Competition and Pro Line II. No one seems to like the Touch Turbo or Super Smash Spiky.

Danman

Spatula
07-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, you went for/received a full sponsorship for a product line you never play tested prior? Why is that? Or we your paying before for string and this was free and hoped to find something in their line that worked for you? I'm just curious.

dork2tennisstud
07-20-2008, 07:53 AM
I think Super Smash (haven't used the Spiky version) is very good and plays similar to Cyberflash, but it's a little different in terms of feel. Not worse, not better, just different.

hoodjem
07-20-2008, 08:19 AM
I like the control and pop which I seems to get with the Cyberflash.
I've never thought of CF as having that much pop. Control yes, but pop no. But I do tend to string it on the higher side: 57 or 58 (with a multi/synth crosses at 59-60).

Does CF have pop if strung on the lower end?

PED
07-20-2008, 09:24 AM
^^^Hood, I string CF any where from 51 to 54 depending on if I'm using it as a full poly job or a hybrid. There's a good bit more pop in CF when strung down there. It does not have the power of alu but it's still quite good.

Danman22
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
I have been approved for full sponsorship but have not signed the contract yet. I am going to try the Kirschbaum strings out first and then decide if I want to make the switch. They are already sending me some Competition and Pro Line II to try out so they must feel these are their polys that are closest to CF.

Danman

Spatula
07-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Very cool! Hope it works out that you like their products.

tenis
07-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Played Touch turbo, it's soft string, tension doesn't stay long, but has a nice touch.