PDA

View Full Version : Nike vs. Adidas Durability and Warranty

Booyah
07-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Do adidas shoes or nike shoes last longer? And which company offers a quicker, better warranty and service?

The Wreck
07-18-2008, 04:12 PM
As far as durability goes, Adidas has to win all the way. I had a pair of Nike Breathe Frees and some Adidas Barricade IIs at the same time, and with equal playing time on both, the Nike's were slick on the bottom with a hole forming while the Adidas showed normal signs of wear, but where nowhere near getting holes in them like the Nike's...

Gmedlo
07-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Adidas are more durable. Nike tends to be quicker with their durability guarantee since they just send out vouchers most of the time, but I'm not sure how lenient each company is when handing out free pairs/vouchers, as with both cases I sent shoes in, they were worn substantially and there was no way in hell I wasn't getting another pair.

slice bh compliment
07-18-2008, 08:16 PM
I prefer adidas over Nike. And now Babolat has raised them a notch or two in feel and durability, too.

ctromano
07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Very true, adidas and nike have competition from babolat for sure but adidas does still last longer, they also get dirter easier too.

babolatisduhbomb
07-18-2008, 08:30 PM
nike is quicker but they can last longer sometimes

m1stuhxsp4rk5
07-18-2008, 10:07 PM
nike for comfort
adidas for durability

Booyah
07-19-2008, 12:44 PM
What about break in time? adidas or nike?

Cenc
07-19-2008, 12:48 PM
i prefer nike shoes

mirai137
08-27-2008, 01:34 PM
From my experience adidas shoes are better durability wise but nike shoes are better in terms of comfort and performance

ClubHoUno
08-27-2008, 05:45 PM
I voted wrongly :(

As other state.....

Adidas for durability & warranty

Nike for performance & comfort

I wear Nike tennis shoes, because I only play twice a week.
So I just buy a pair of Nike Vapor V's (hard court only and for entering the club house in clean white shoes) and a pair of Nike Breath Cage II's (for Red Clay courts because of better durability and support than the Vapor's) and these two pair's last me a complete season - 12 months.

Then next year I buy one pair of each again and throw the old pairs out or use them for practice only.

Charlie_Boy
08-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Nike's guarantee seems to be really good.

I love my Cages...soon to get another pair too. Great comfort, support, everything.

But I can't say anything about Adidas since I've never tried them, but I'm sure they're great.