PDA

View Full Version : Which String Companies actually produce their Co-Polys?

Casco
07-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Not all sting companies actuaally make their co-polys (-I'm most interested in co-polys). In fact, strings from different companies are often very much alike. Those that don't actually manufacturer them may, in fact, be involved in the design and set specifications. But who is acutally making the co-polys? Going down the list of popular co-polys:

Luxilon
Pacific
Signum
Kirschbaum
Gamma
Technifiber
MSV
Topspin
WeissCannon
Pro Supex

nickb
07-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Not all sting companies actuaally make their co-polys (-I'm most interested in co-polys). In fact, strings from different companies are often very much alike. Those that don't actually manufacturer them may, in fact, be involved in the design and set specifications. But who is acutally making the co-polys? Going down the list of popular co-polys:

Luxilon
Pacific
Signum
Kirschbaum
Gamma
Technifiber
MSV
Topspin
WeissCannon
Pro Supex

Hi...just got your email. I cant really help you that much but I will tell you what I know.

Luxilon - Belgium LUXILON Industries NV
Signum - Germany
Tecnifibre - France (Major Sports)
Topspin - Germany
Pro Supex - Blue Gear and Big Ace - Germany...rest of the strings taiwan/china.
WeissCannon - Germany

Luxilon and Tecnifibre are the only 2 I know where the strings are produced in their own factorys. Tecbifibre has machine parts made all over the world so other companies cant copy the way they make strings (multis are more important to them ). Im sure there are a few more I dont know about. The rest will all be made in the same places.

There are many strings which are marketed under differnet names e.g. Premier Ace (leopard), Tecnifibre makes Wilson NXT, Unique Big Hitter Blue (Topspin CyberPower).

I have also been told Toalson strings are sold under the gamma brand name. Toalson could have its own factory but im not sure.

Nick