PDA

View Full Version : Iso Speed Stings

Booyah
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
What do you guys think of it? Haven't seen much feedback on TW website, so though i would ask here. Personally, I like Iso Speed Strings a lot. For a poly its pretty soft and comfortable for my arm, even though as recommended the tension needs to be higher than usual.

jazar
07-18-2008, 11:46 PM
the only isospeed string i have encountered snapped whilst being strung

LPShanet
07-19-2008, 02:35 AM
What do you guys think of it? Haven't seen much feedback on TW website, so though i would ask here. Personally, I like Iso Speed Strings a lot. For a poly its pretty soft and comfortable for my arm, even though as recommended the tension needs to be higher than usual.

I, too, liked Iso Speed quite a lot when I tried it, and there are a few other big fans on these boards. However, it's NOT a poly. Poly refers to polyester, which it isn't....Iso Speed is a polyolefin multifilament...much closer to a standard multi than what's referred to as "poly". That's why it's so soft and easy on the arm, and surely why you like it.

2nd_Serve
07-19-2008, 10:45 AM
I, too, liked Iso Speed quite a lot when I tried it, and there are a few other big fans on these boards. However, it's NOT a poly. Poly refers to polyester, which it isn't....Iso Speed is a polyolefin multifilament...much closer to a standard multi than what's referred to as "poly". That's why it's so soft and easy on the arm, and surely why you like it.

Not a poly? Are you sure? I thought the Baseline Control was a poly.

PROTENNIS63
07-19-2008, 12:09 PM

It depends which string. The Control and Professional are not polys but like you said the Baseline strings ARE polys.

Zach
07-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I've tried Energetic at 59lbs. and it was really great. . . but it was also one of the least durable strings EVER IMO. I have control and professional to try out now though, it should be interesting.

LPShanet
07-19-2008, 09:44 PM

Yes, my bad. Baseline Control IS a poly. The OP's post just said "IsoSpeed" strings, and they're most famous for their polyolefin multifilament strings, which were their only offerings for quite a few years. Typically, when people refer to just IsoSpeed, they're referencing Professional, Control, or maybe Energetic, all of which are multis of unusual makeup. They do make a couple of polys and you have one of them. Apologies for my wrong assumption.

2nd_Serve
07-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes, my bad. Baseline Control IS a poly. Your post just said "IsoSpeed" strings, and they're most famous for their polyolefin multifilament strings, which were their only offerings for quite a few years. Typically, when people refer to just IsoSpeed, they're referencing Professional, Control, or maybe Energetic, all of which are multis of unusual makeup. They do make a couple of polys and you have one of them. Apologies for my wrong assumption.

Haha. Thanks for clearing it up. But I think Isospeed strings are great. Especially with their cheap prices.

Bud
07-20-2008, 05:18 AM

Baseline is a poly.

dabudabuda
07-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Be careful w/ the feedback on the professional(new) and classic(new), I think they pulled from the prof/classic(old) reviews and put them on the new, check the date, anything 2008 should be the new, 2007 dunno which is which, 2006 and before should be the pro/classic(old) reviews.

baek57
07-21-2008, 08:23 PM
i think the multis are surprisingly durable.