PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on Hybrids

thekubiaks
07-19-2008, 08:03 AM
I am stringing my Head Metallix 4 with Blue Star 17 Mains @ 57 and Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17 @ 57 Crosses. The racquet feels like one big sweet spot. I have gained a whole lot of control but lost some power. I want to stay with the Blue Star but need a little bit more lively feel and a touch of power. What do you thing about NXT Tour 17 crosses?? or Blue Gear @ 59 and Gosen crosses @ 57 ?? Any ideas would be appreciated.

ryangoring
07-19-2008, 01:41 PM
That last setup would be a nice addition to your arsenal.
Check Nickb poly review for more info.

07-19-2008, 05:18 PM
I am stringing my Head Metallix 4 with Blue Star 17 Mains @ 57 and Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17 @ 57 Crosses. The racquet feels like one big sweet spot. I have gained a whole lot of control but lost some power. I want to stay with the Blue Star but need a little bit more lively feel and a touch of power. What do you thing about NXT Tour 17 crosses?? or Blue Gear @ 59 and Gosen crosses @ 57 ?? Any ideas would be appreciated.

From reading the poly review, I'm going to try Big ace with Gosen for a hydrid. Big Ace should add that power with control you seek. I'm also trying the Blue Gear as well.