PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Zo Tour

babolat141
07-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Does any body have any experience with this string it looks pretty good i think i might have to try it.

P8ntballa
07-19-2008, 10:51 PM
I have not tried them (yet) but my stringer has been tellin me to give it a go since I snap my lightning every 1-2 weeks, he said there very durable and have great spin potential. Im still not decided yet, Ill probably try it... If I do try it soon Ill post how it played.

TennisandMusic
07-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah I've been using them in my RDS 002 tour's and I think I'm going to get a reel. I've been going back and forth between that and the Competition's. My opponents tell me I hit a heavier ball with the Zo Tour. It has really good feel IMO (very crisp if you like that feel) good spin, and really good durability and tension maintenance. Most poly's lose playability for me in 1-2 sessions, to where they are almost useless to me. However with the Zo Tour I'm getting around 4-5 sessions for now. It's really really nice overall, and even though it's expensive I suppose it's worth it. The reel for Competition is nearly half the cost of the Zo Tour reel, but I'm going for the Zo Tour so...take from that what you will.

P8ntballa
07-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah I've been using them in my RDS 002 tour's and I think I'm going to get a reel. I've been going back and forth between that and the Competition's. My opponents tell me I hit a heavier ball with the Zo Tour. It has really good feel IMO (very crisp if you like that feel) good spin, and really good durability and tension maintenance. Most poly's lose playability for me in 1-2 sessions, to where they are almost useless to me. However with the Zo Tour I'm getting around 4-5 sessions for now. It's really really nice overall, and even though it's expensive I suppose it's worth it. The reel for Competition is nearly half the cost of the Zo Tour reel, but I'm going for the Zo Tour so...take from that what you will.

Just to ask how big of a change in comfort, spin, and power would I be looking at if I switch from my current string (check sig) to Zo Tour? And if I happen to switch how much (if at all) should I drop the tension? Im not new to poly, Ive played it in frames with more open string patterns, and I have tried out quite a few over the past few years.

dork2tennisstud
07-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Lightning XX breaks very easily, so just about anything will be an upgrade as far as durability is concerned.

Zo Tour is a very good string, but I don't think it's worth the cost. Other polys are just as good IMO.

LoveThisGame
07-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Expensive ... priced like Lux BB ALU Power. It holds tension!!!! 1.5 months with no loss showing in Stringmeter readings. It is in the mains of a hybrid.

babolat141
07-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Lightning XX breaks very easily, so just about anything will be an upgrade as far as durability is concerned.

Zo Tour is a very good string, but I don't think it's worth the cost. Other polys are just as good IMO.

Can you name some of the strings that you think are just as good??

TennisandMusic
07-20-2008, 03:59 PM

Like what? I don't WANT to pay 14 dollars per 40 feet (you get practically no break in price for a reel) but I just don't think other strings have measured up in all the categories. I've tried just about everything out there...

babolatisduhbomb
07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
i have its very nice but im trying more strings but if your looking for a string thats not to exipensive this is your string... i think it has good feel very good durabilty its prety good at the net u gotta get used to it at the baseline then u play great u can hit a drop really good with it and serving has a nice feel... my rate 4 & a half/5

babolat141
07-21-2008, 05:10 AM
i have its very nice but im trying more strings but if your looking for a string thats not to exipensive this is your string... i think it has good feel very good durabilty its prety good at the net u gotta get used to it at the baseline then u play great u can hit a drop really good with it and serving has a nice feel... my rate 4 & a half/5

Is this a good string from the baseline

Lefty5
07-21-2008, 06:05 AM
it felt a little stiff for me. i've been playing with the soft blue co-poly's and tried this 2 mo ago. in comparison it just didn't have the feel of the softer polys that i love.

babolat141
07-21-2008, 09:55 AM
it felt a little stiff for me. i've been playing with the soft blue co-poly's and tried this 2 mo ago. in comparison it just didn't have the feel of the softer polys that i love.

what are the softer polys you've tried?

TennisandMusic
07-21-2008, 10:17 AM

I think it's more crisp. Softer poly's feel mushy in comparison, but that's just me.

PED
07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
J, how does it compare with alu?

Lefty5
07-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I think it's more crisp. Softer poly's feel mushy in comparison, but that's just me.

mushy in poly = more feel for me. I've been on the CyberFlash/Power/BigHitter/BLUE/ stuff. Cheap and plays as well as anything more expensive.

TennisandMusic
07-21-2008, 12:04 PM
mushy in poly = more feel for me. I've been on the CyberFlash/Power/BigHitter/BLUE/ stuff. Cheap and plays as well as anything more expensive.

Have to totally disagree. I think cyberpower in no way compares to zo tour. Cyberflash is ok but it's more on the crisp side. Cyberpower/blue was terrible for me...

Trust me if cyberpower played as well I would be buying that in a heartbeat. It's less than half the price...

babolatisduhbomb
07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
J, how does it compare with alu?

its compares prety driffent gamma is better!!! b ut theres a driffence with the racquet

babolat141
07-21-2008, 07:15 PM
This looks like a good string i heard that it plays best in a full string bed and it feels really solid and crisp Im tryin it on thursday.