PDA

View Full Version : Grant Morgan Stringing Roddick's PD (video links)

david aames
01-25-2005, 06:31 PM
I found this over at andyroddick.com... I would link to them directly but you need to register to view so I put them up on my server. Links below, you need Quicktime to view:

http://homepage.mac.com/davidaames3/.Movies/grant1.mp4
http://homepage.mac.com/davidaames3/.Movies/grant2.mp4

Hey Grant, what's up with the Starbucks cap? Did he ask to prepare his caramel macchiatos as well? ; )

hummer23
01-25-2005, 06:36 PM
awsome videos, thanks alot

Craig Sheppard
01-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks David.

andfor
01-25-2005, 06:46 PM
I found this over at andyroddick.com... I would link to them directly but you need to register to view so I put them up on my server. Links below, you need Quicktime to view:

http://homepage.mac.com/davidaames3/.Movies/grant1.mp4
http://homepage.mac.com/davidaames3/.Movies/grant2.mp4

Hey Grant, what's up with the Starbucks cap? Did he ask to prepare his caramel macchiatos as well? ; )

Very cool David.

For those in the Memphis, TN area. If you want your racquet strung by Grant go bye or call String-N-Swing and he'll string your sticks. If you want to be sure he's your stringer call in advance to make sure he's there and not on the road.

Grant, You are still working there, right?

My son Drew is crawling all over me. He wants me to say "Hi" to Mr. Grant for him.

Kirko
01-25-2005, 08:32 PM
David thanks for sharing ! That was pretty neat !!!!!!!

Grant Morgan
01-26-2005, 12:33 AM
I just saw the video for the first time. Why did someone not tell me I am that fat!!!
As most of you know by now I am not working for Andy anymore. Yes I do miss him but I am 36 and would like to start a family. So the road is not the place for that. I have talked to him about 5 times since he went down and I did his practice rkts from Memphis while he was training before he went to OZ. I am still stringing for the Davis Cup team and Andy is coming to Memphis for our little ATP tournament. So I will see him 3 or 4 times a yr. He is no longer my boss. Now he is my friend. I am now at String N Swing in Memphis. I am going to slowly take over the shop. It has been in biz for 30 yrs. The old owner and now Manager is Paul Fultz. He got me started stringing 16 yrs ago. I really have got it great. My old mentor is back in my life and one of my best friends is the #2 player in the world. I know I have said this before but Andy really is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.
andfor tell Drew I said hi. Hope to see you at the shop soon.

OK got to go loose some weight now!!!!!
C ya.
G

david aames
01-26-2005, 05:53 AM
And of course, most of us here find themselves asking what it's like to be Tom Martinez. Yep, that's right pictures included.

Tom, where the hell is the Starbucks hat? That's lousy work ethics right there! Ha!

http://www.********.com.au/News.htm
(you need to scroll down)

david aames
01-26-2005, 05:54 AM
link came up censored. Just replace 0 with an o

www.t0pserve.com.au

andfor
01-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Again very cool.

Where can one get their racquet strung by Tom in person?

thomas martinez
01-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Starbucks hat? Bah! My allegiance does not go to them, but rather HKS and Mitsubishi(for my Evo 8). The dreads are now gone for the time being, but the facial jewelry remains, and if you want me to do a restring for you, drop me a line,....

david aames
01-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Is that you I saw street racing in East Hampton in a barf green Evo 8 with lambo doors last weekend? I swear I've seen a Babolat sticker on the spoiler.

Starbucks hat? Bah! My allegiance does not go to them, but rather HKS and Mitsubishi(for my Evo 8). The dreads are now gone for the time being, but the facial jewelry remains, and if you want me to do a restring for you, drop me a line,....

@wright
01-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Is that you I saw street racing in East Hampton in a barf green Evo 8 with lambo doors last weekend? I swear I've seen a Babolat sticker on the spoiler.

That is pretty damn funny, not sure why though.

thomas martinez
01-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah, that is humourous, but nope, mine's laid up still for another week or two...

david aames
01-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Watch for a Cooper S passing you on the right. I'll be on the lookout for a plate reading FEDIN3 -- or is it ILUVJCS? ; )

Yeah, that is humourous, but nope, mine's laid up still for another week or two...

thomas martinez
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Funny David! :) Nice choice on cars! I looked at the Cooper S, but Haberstad wanted more than what I paid for my Evo for a Cooper, which was as far as I am concerned a no brainer as to what to go for. Mine's the yellow one with carbon bonnet, ralliart sunstrip, and HKS drianpipe exhaust spitting flames from the back on occasion prowling the LIE

All Baseline
01-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Nice ride Thomas, I have a friend that works for HKS. They have a full CF evo that is sick.

Fee
01-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Okay, you men have totally lost me. :D

Grant, will you take good care of JMG for me while he's in Memphis, please? He needs all the help he can get right now (don't tell him I said so). Hope he hasn't switched over to the O3 by then, but I've seen a promo photo and I think it may be about to happen.

thomas martinez
01-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah, chances are Prince are going to ask him to shift to it. They are REALLY pushing it toward all their players...

Fee
01-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, he's been telling me about it since about October when I tried to convince him to get a Tour Harrier DB for me during his trip to Japan :D. Told me not to upgrade my Warrior until I tried one out. I suppose they will be all over San Jose since Prince is a major sponsor now and I can take a look there. I just don't think its the right type of racquet for me personally.

ragnaROK
01-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah, chances are Prince are going to ask him to shift to it. They are REALLY pushing it toward all their players...

Seems like Prince is pretty bad about treating their players. Michael Chang comes to mind after being their cash cow for awhile. I heard they also forced the NXGs on Ferrero and Coria.

andtapes
02-28-2010, 02:29 PM
The link isn't working anymore would you mind to update it please?

Thank you

johnathan smith
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Link Does Not Work, But Would Love To See These....
Any Help?

OliverSimon
02-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Why would you revive this thread...ugh.

-OS

raging
02-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Why would you revive this thread...ugh.

-OS

It is not about the thread per se!
Post to David Aames, can you replace the videos on another site?
Thanks

SFrazeur
03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
The original posters last date of activity on the forum was: 06-30-2006 05:53 AM

-SF

decades
03-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I hate when people bump four year old threads.

andtapes
03-05-2010, 02:15 PM
yeah matter what?

I d like to see it ok!

SuperDuy
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Id like to see this too.

wilfreb
03-06-2010, 06:37 AM
i want to see it also

Tour90
03-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Toooooo late..... Should have been here years ago when the link did work.