PDA

View Full Version : Classic Tennis shoes, anyone else?

LafayetteHitter
07-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I have always enjoyed the styling of the more classic styled tennis shoes. Being a long time Diadora fan I found a great price on a pair of Diadora Maverick. Well they arrived last week, I ordered the white/green color. Today I ordered 2 more pairs as much to my surprise I have really enjoyed using these for tennis training. I never thought these would actually please me on the court as I have been a long time Barricade 2 and Breathe Free 2 wearer. For some time i've eyed the Wilson Prostaff Mesh and these may be my next addition based on the comment on TW. I was just curious if anyone else is wearing the classic styled shoes?

jayserinos99
07-20-2008, 10:10 PM
I wear the Adidas Rod Lavers as my everyday walking shoe but if I'm out for a light hit and I forget my B2s, I'm content with using the Lavers. Very light and breathable although they don't last too long if used for a long time as the soles aren't that durable.

LafayetteHitter
07-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Butt caps came yesterday Jay, thanks. I didn't see you on yahoo yet.

jayserinos99
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
^ no problem. let me know how you like those volkl buttcaps.

ricomon
07-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Stan Smith's with the green tab and K-Swiss classics. Something about an all white shoe that makes these look really classy. I recently bought the new Nike Zoom Trainer 1 and these shoes rock! Comfy for walking around in. I've used them in a light hit but I could see if I really step on them they would perform with flying colors.

Gorecki
07-21-2008, 12:53 AM
how are those Mavericks? have they started using proper leather? i remember when i was a kid (mid 80's) those Diadora maverick were beautifull shoe made with sinthetic leather crap. pretty much like any other shoe made by diadora by that time... i was thinking about getting myself a pair for nostalgic ego satisfaction...

about your question, i used stan's for a while but found them to be awfull for match and practice (imo). i dont see the classics for game but i would consider those new k-swiss classic looks

LafayetteHitter
07-21-2008, 09:08 AM
The Mavericks must still be made with the lower end synthetic leather. I only paid 20.00 a pair with free shipping so it wasn't a big deal. I won't be playing competitive matches in them just for daily hitting sessions so they will work out ok. I have custom orthotics that I use as well.

fridrix
07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
I like the classic styles too... in Lotto, Ellesse, etc.... but they don't offer much protection on the hard courts.

MonsieurCrocodile
07-21-2008, 09:48 PM
When I play on clay (two to three times per week), I frequently sport my Adidas Superstar IIs. Not much in the way of arch support, yet they're fantastic for running and sliding!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GPSW5B4YL._SL500_.jpg

zapvor
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
i have the stan smith's ice version. i actually played once in them, and i was amazed at how much comfrot and traction it provided. the only downside is there is no ankle support.

feyya
07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Im a fan of the air oscillates, but nothing else classic really grabs my attention. In a positive way that is.

tournaking
07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Adidas forest hills are awesome for tennis, not durable though.

RanchDressing
07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
im very disgusted by the amout of "i like the way it looks" stuff on the tt forums but i love the old school shoes because i am so much quicker to turn, sprint, jump ect in them than newer style shoes.

tomas9848
07-25-2008, 09:06 AM
dont like the classic