PDA

View Full Version : what does Nadal eat before every match?

CaveMan
07-21-2008, 05:43 AM
When he walks onto the court, he always grabs a little bag from his bag and eats (violently I might add) whatever the contents are. I've wondered for awhile what it is.....I would assume an energy supplement....but why does he eat it the way he does?:)

Fedace
07-21-2008, 06:04 AM
I think there is a thread on this already if you search. it is supposed to be a High Carbohydrate supplement. Gatorade makes similar Gel, i believe. It should be on the Gatorade Online shop. i use the powder mix of Gatorade endurance. and i drink the Tropicana Banana-Strawberry bottle.

HyperHorse
07-21-2008, 06:17 AM
I know what I'd eat if i were Nadal before a match.

coolblue123
07-21-2008, 07:33 AM
I know what I'd eat if i were Nadal before a match.

i think if Nadal had what I think you meant, he would not have enough energy for any matches... =)

That was what my high school coach told us all the time the night before the big games. GF's are off limits...

HyperHorse
07-21-2008, 07:48 AM
i think if Nadal had what I think you meant, he would not have enough energy for any matches... =)

That was what my high school coach told us all the time the night before the big games. GF's are off limits...

That's not what i meant at all.. Dirty mind!!!!
Something like a big steak/leg of lamb, huge pile of mashed potatoes/chips/big salad.... like 3hrs before...
And then maybe an hour before the match a weight gainer shake with full cream milk. More water & sports drink an hour-30min before with some creatine.
And 10minutes before a No Xplode.

Lucy Brown
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Thats a lot of food 3 hours prior to a match. I'd throw up. I need more time than that to digest such a meal.

Fedace
07-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Something like a big steak/leg of lamb, huge pile of mashed potatoes/chips/big salad.... like 3hrs before...
And then maybe an hour before the match a weight gainer shake with full cream milk. More water & sports drink an hour-30min before with some creatine.

They are all the same,,what's the difference ??:)

beedlejuice22
07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I've noticed that he eats something out of a tube too. I'm guessing its some sort of energy gel.

nalk7
07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
he eats babies :twisted:

Now honestly I think its energy gel

HyperHorse
07-21-2008, 03:20 PM
They are all the same,,what's the difference ??:)

What do you mean exactly?

Kirko
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
When he walks onto the court, he always grabs a little bag from his bag and eats (violently I might add) whatever the contents are. I've wondered for awhile what it is.....I would assume an energy supplement....but why does he eat it the way he does?:)

I've heard his eating habilts aren't that salubrious eg. chocolate bars and other stuff fine when you're a young guy and play tennis like he does. I really don't think what you eat plays that much of difference. the aussies always ate "steak & eggs" and some of the Davis Cup squad complained that this leaden concoction was just just making them fat. I remember Vilas would eat a lot rare prime rib the night before a match. there is no real "formula" to "eat" your way to winning.

federer envies me
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
i know he eats bananas during his match

Dan007
07-21-2008, 05:59 PM
99% of the players eat pasta before every match

s7evin
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
He eats hearts of his opponents relatives while they are still beating, and he has the skill that allows his victims to live to see him eating their hearts.

Freaky, i know...

mtommer
07-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I've heard his eating habilts aren't that salubrious eg. chocolate bars and other stuff fine when you're a young guy and play tennis like he does. I really don't think what you eat plays that much of difference. the aussies always ate "steak & eggs" and some of the Davis Cup squad complained that this leaden concoction was just just making them fat. I remember Vilas would eat a lot rare prime rib the night before a match. there is no real "formula" to "eat" your way to winning.

Any endurance sport (which Tennis certainly can be) requires keeping your electrolytes, energy, and water up so that you don't burn through the stored levels in your muscles. Take up cycling, you'll get it preetttyyy quickly.

dpfrazier
07-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Fed's lunch...

Fedace
07-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Fed's lunch...

He Feeds on Fear of his opponents, especially Federer's Fear.:shock:

nCode747
07-21-2008, 08:42 PM

pastas kinda heavy takes a while digest

Fedace
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
pastas kinda heavy takes a while digest

He meant the night before the match for Carbo Loading. Most pro athletes do this. Many baseball pitchers eat Pasta the night before they have to go out and pitch.

dsa202
07-22-2008, 06:27 AM
A burrito.

tennismonster
07-22-2008, 08:07 PM
i think its a laxative because he always ends up pulling at this pants during the match.
(sarcastically)

Hot Sauce
07-23-2008, 12:33 AM
A burrito.

Which would equal massive mudbutt on the court. A huge forehand win... OH THATS DISGUSTING!

kabob
07-26-2008, 11:47 PM

You're crazy. Nadal doesn't eat anything like that. In his blogs, he's very colorful about his food choices. He usually cooks it himself and he's big on seafood (especially foods such as salmon that are high in protein and good fats) and pasta.

kabob
07-26-2008, 11:49 PM

Are you kidding me?? Pro athletes' diets are all engineered and carefully monitored. They eat balanced diets that are high in protein, good fats, whole grains, tons of vegetables and before matches they eat easily digestable carbohydrates for quick energy. You're comparing a generation of people that didn't even concern themselves with nutrition.

ShooterMcMarco
07-26-2008, 11:55 PM
"He eat's shi* like you for breakfast."

Bagdatis toy hippo
07-27-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure about before a match, but I remember him eating a banana in the middle of his match with Federer in Wimbledon.

Mansewerz
07-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Are you kidding me?? Pro athletes' diets are all engineered and carefully monitored. They eat balanced diets that are high in protein, good fats, whole grains, tons of vegetables and before matches they eat easily digestable carbohydrates for quick energy. You're comparing a generation of people that didn't even concern themselves with nutrition.

Ok, tell that to Dominik Hrbati.

jmsx521
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
He eats hearts of his opponents relatives while they are still beating, and he has the skill that allows his victims to live to see him eating their hearts.

Freaky, i know...He learned that when he was a kid, from watching too much Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Doom (1984)!

jmsx521
07-27-2008, 05:15 PM
i think its a laxative because he always ends up pulling at this pants during the match.
(sarcastically)No, I am pretty sure it's not a laxative, but it's the type of underwear he has on.

jmsx521
07-27-2008, 05:19 PM

pastas kinda heavy takes a while digestIt's not really the regular type of pasta you buy at the stores; it's a special orange brand called Pasta a la Duralast, 15L (1.35).

fridrix
07-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Nadal has been quite forthcoming in some of his interviews. I remember he likes chocolate croissants.

robbie_mx
07-28-2008, 09:22 AM
This is what he eat before each game it's similar to the energy drinks but with caffeine and carbs
I saw rafa eating 2 products

This is the most common gel for sport guys
http://www.carbboom.com/images/17071212.jpg

But If my eyes don't lie now Rafa use this product:
http://theconsumerlink.com/imagesEdp/PowerBar/p84463z.jpg
www.powerbar.com

But also he eat Pasta before each game maybe 2 pound of pasta...
why ? it's the best food for athlets have fast carbs that they need in the game.

bchamaki
07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh yea those little packets are filled with rusty nails. His stomach is filled with so much acid that he doesn't need to crap, the metal just melts in his blood.

Noveson
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
A cow. A whole cow.

IanRadical
07-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Pasta and slow release energy food like bananas:)

kabob
07-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Ok, tell that to Dominik Hrbati.

Yeah, and where has Dominik Hrbaty been recently? Oh yeah, injured and well out of the top 100 :rolleyes:

LafayetteHitter
07-30-2008, 07:39 AM
I thought it was a Klondike bar

ladorasi
04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
He eat Agel FLX, to help provide the lubrication, cushioning and natural maintenance that joint flexibility requires...

raygo
04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Four croissants. :)

CANADIAN763
04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
A cow. A whole cow.

No way.... It would have to be a paint job of a cow

kanjii
04-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Leftovers......the victim from his previous round.

crazylevity
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM

Not exactly true. I remember Nadal saying in a press conference after a match that he's just had some chicken nuggets from McDonald's or something like that.

drakulie
04-27-2009, 09:07 AM
A burrito.

this would explain all the butt picking.

sureshs
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
^^^ also his explosive shots

sh@de
04-27-2009, 11:50 PM
sushi!

Seriously, didn't Nadal eat exclusively in a Japanese restaurant during Oz Open? I wonder if he ate loads of sushi :D.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
08-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Tortillas and burritos

Lefty78
08-18-2009, 07:56 AM

Ivan Lendl used to eat chicken wings...

...during his matches.

dincuss
08-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Steak and pasta
No Lie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQxlKFhGMM&feature=related

coloskier
08-18-2009, 12:35 PM
From the amount he picks his butt, I would say he eats mexican food before every match. :)

10ACE
08-18-2009, 02:42 PM

Actually he's partially correct, he did eat like that when he was young and early in his career till Tony stepped in. It was in some article, either Tennis, Vogue or Menshealth. But your right on when it comes to eating right!