PDA

View Full Version : Technifibre Pro Red Code??

*breaksracquet
07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Has anyone out there hit with this yet?? I getting a job done with this string (17 guage @ 56 lbs) and was wondering about what I should expect. I also thought the color contrast would look awesome against an I.Prestige frame.

Fedace
07-21-2008, 11:56 AM
You are a new guy, i see. There are literally thousands of posts concerning the Red code. Some Love it and Some Hate it. It had been called Muscle man's string by some. Low on power but nice control. Some have said it has good power, so who knows. but i do know it is a very stiff string, many college players use it. Nice spin i have heard. it is sold of like Pro supex Blue gear with less spin potential. i prefer the Kirschbaum proline 2, personally

T1000
07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
This is a very good string. I currently use it on my Tflash 290s and I love it. I use the same tension as you and it has balanced control and power. I tried it after using big banger for a year and I do not regret the change.

Fedace
07-21-2008, 12:06 PM
This is a very good string. I currently use it on my Tflash 290s and I love it. I use the same tension as you and it has balanced control and power. I tried it after using big banger for a year and I do not regret the change.

Only thing i am afraid of is ITS feel and it might go dead. how does it compare to Pro Hurricane tour ??

Zach
07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Only thing i am afraid of is ITS feel and it might go dead. how does it compare to Pro Hurricane tour ??

I prefer a whole lot more than PHT, I think the spin may be a little less but the control and feel are better, IMO of course.

T1000
07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
It does good dead pretty quick for me. Pro hurricane tour has more spin than pro red code does, but pro red code has more power

Zach
07-21-2008, 12:17 PM
It does good dead pretty quick for me. Pro hurricane tour has more spin than pro red code does, but pro red code has more power

I agree. . . .

Fedace
07-21-2008, 12:19 PM

SEE, that is why we need that NEW RED string from Babolat......TW, When are you getting that STRing ??????????:shock::):)

Fedace
07-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Has anyone out there hit with this yet?? I getting a job done with this string (17 guage @ 56 lbs) and was wondering about what I should expect. I also thought the color contrast would look awesome against an I.Prestige frame.

i think you should just try that new red string from babolat, i think that is much better choice than redcode

T1000
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Fedace, do you know what the new red string is called? I like pro red code, i just hate restringing constantly

Fedace
07-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Fedace, do you know what the new red string is called? I like pro red code, i just hate restringing constantly

There is a thread on it. but i don't think anyone knows the name yet. Roddick was using it at Wimbledon and many other pros were using it. but it hasn't been released yet. it is supposedly a much improved version of PHT and it is RED in color and it is so good that even some women players are using it. that is all i know so far.

T1000
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks, I think Nadal was also using it earlier this year in practice.

Fedace
07-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks, I think Nadal was also using it earlier this year in practice.

Nadal can never switch from that THICK Duralast. Every other strings in the market are just too powerful for him and he would have control issues. he shouldn't even waste his time trying. if Babolat ever made a Perfect string for Nadal, it would never sell in public market. Nadal is just a different animal..:)

Zach
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
There is a thread on it. but i don't think anyone knows the name yet. Roddick was using it at Wimbledon and many other pros were using it. but it hasn't been released yet. it is supposedly a much improved version of PHT and it is RED in color and it is so good that even some women players are using it. that is all i know so far.

It's called R200C.

Fedace
07-21-2008, 12:43 PM
It's called R200C.

how does it play and where can i buy it ?

Zach
07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
how does it play and where can i buy it ?

I've never actually played with it. I've seen it though, it comes in a case like PHT does. I don't know when it will come out either, but it will be much anticipated.

iplaybetter
07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
i love redcode, it is what i think of as good poly

Fedace
07-21-2008, 08:35 PM
i love redcode, it is what i think of as good poly

Why do you think it is so good ??

2nd_Serve
07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Red Code is very good on control, enough spin, and lots of power if you could use your racket effectively.

yourname1245
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
i just strung this up today and its the first time for me. i put it in my n6.1 95 16x18 at 54lbs with psgd17. i thinks its much better then alu as a 16g string. its very dead and lacks power but if you hit the ball right you get nice pop and feel. great spin on serve and strokes. really just hit a little today but vry nice i think i may switch away from alu. the price is nice the only things i dislike are the color hate red cause i can't put a W stencil on and they move a little more then bb but not as much as syn gut.
i switched cause i broke psgd16 in 2 day of hitting all time record.
-sal

iplaybetter
07-23-2008, 04:33 AM
Why do you think it is so good ??

i just find it to be very very sollid in all respects

*breaksracquet
07-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks to everyone that responded. I get to pick up my racquet today, but the weatherman is supposedly calling for rain (its sunny right now). So the chances of me getting to take a swing with it are still up in the air.

*breaksracquet
07-24-2008, 03:19 AM
ummm.... yeah first impressions of the string. Stiff as hell!! Produces a lot of spin though and when I found the sweet spot of the racquet (which was rather hard to find w/ the I.Prestige) it felt great. So it really was a mixed bag with the racquet so far.

PrinceAbubu
07-25-2008, 11:56 PM
yourname1245 <--- I agree!

A players string. Meaning if you swing your racket properly like the pro's its a great string. I love it on my N90.

I recommend it.

KerryJ
07-26-2008, 07:02 AM

It looked cool in my Aero Storm's, and I liked it. But I had a set of PSGD laying around and used it. I didn't like it as much, but for eight dollars cheaper I was willing to make the switch. After a few jobs of red code (it took me around six) I started to realize how quick the string would lose it's lively-ness (That isn't a word) but still played with it until it broke becase I wanted my money's worth. Lasts a while if you don't care about how it feels, about 10-15 days.

KerryJ
07-26-2008, 07:04 AM
ummm.... yeah first impressions of the string. Stiff as hell!! Produces a lot of spin though and when I found the sweet spot of the racquet (which was rather hard to find w/ the I.Prestige) it felt great. So it really was a mixed bag with the racquet so far.

Keep playing with it. I hated Big Banger at first, waited and loved it. Same with my PSGD, you probably just need to let it break in. Whenever I don't want to deal with new strings, I just let one of my friends hit with it.

babolat141
07-26-2008, 02:05 PM
SEE, that is why we need that NEW RED string from Babolat......TW, When are you getting that STRing ??????????:shock::):)

i heard from a babolat rep that they might not make the string avalible to the public :cry: i hope they do

johnkidd
07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I love Pro Red as a hybrid with Biphase. Been using the Red Code since it became available and have been using it with the Biphase isnce last fall. I've felt I get pretty good life ou of it and actually prefer it once the string job gets some use on it.

PrinceAbubu
07-28-2008, 03:24 AM
I love Pro Red as a hybrid with Biphase. Been using the Red Code since it became available and have been using it with the Biphase isnce last fall. I've felt I get pretty good life ou of it and actually prefer it once the string job gets some use on it.

ditto!!! nuff said! :)

Very arm friendly combination too.