PDA

View Full Version : I don't really need 47' of string do I?! Newb question.

Caloi
07-21-2008, 02:37 PM
I got my X2 last week but interior painting projects have kept me too busy to play with it.

I was looking at this site: http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TDUN as I read the string length, it's telling me to string 1 piece and it should be 47 feet long! 37' and 10' on the short side. That's not right, is it? What am I missing?

M FIL 200 PLUS 55 - 65 37' - 10'S 16M X 19C 7,9T - 7,9B 6T 7T 8B

Do I have to do it 1 piece or can I do it with 2?

crazy8tiger
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
That means you will need 37' feet of string, but 10' of that is for half the mains while the other 27' will be for the other mains and all the crosses.

xtremerunnerars
07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah, tiger has it right.

Mark the string at the 10 foot mark but be careful and use a non dissolving marker for your first time if it's your racquet. Those 10 feet will do one half of the mains, and then you'll do the other half of the mains plus all of the crosses with the remaining (and large!) 27ft piece.

Caloi
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Okay, please bear with me here. It says in my racquet specs "One Piece
No shared holes", so I assume I can never do two piece or a hybrid. Or, is there some flexability on that?

Assuming that I stick with the one piece, I would do my first pull with 10' on one side and the remainder (27') on the other, right? Sorry for repeating, but I want to try my first string job tomorrow and want to get it right.

crazy8tiger
07-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes, when you pull both ends through, one side will have 10' while the other will have 27'. I also have a M-Fil 200, and I haven't tried two-piece but TW strung it up with a hybrid; I'll check the holes for you and let you know.
Here's what I found:
Both Mains were tied off at 6H
Starting knot for crosses at 5H, tie-off at 6T

Hope that helps.

Booyah
07-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah crazy tiger has it right. Pretty much, you use 10 feet for one side of the racket, then you use the other 27 feet for the other side of the racket and the crosses. No shared holes mean you should never be using the same hole when stringing.

Caloi
07-22-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sure that will help a bunch! Thanks! Like I said I still haven't taken it out of the box yet but I've watched a lot of videos, read the manual, and am feeling a little more confident to give it a go. I'm just trying to absorbe as much info as possible before I attempt to do it myself.