PDA

View Full Version : psgo/sonic pro hybrid

markwillplay
07-21-2008, 05:20 PM
am having my mic prest pro's strung with psgo crosses 57 and sonic pro mains 55. I was launching balls with the ektelon power play 56 and alu power 54. Anyone else played with this combo? I had more control with psgo by itself than the power play/alu hybrid so I am thinking that maybe the psgo in this hybrid will help me. I posted some other threads but no one answered so I figured I would post a more specific one.

markwillplay
07-24-2008, 06:25 AM
played with the hybrid yesterday and really found it to play a lot like a fresh set of prince syn gut. Honestly, I did not really notice all that much difference. I have sonic pro in the mains at 55 and psgo in the crosses. Hits more crisp than the luxilon/powerplay hybrid for sure but so did the psgo only. Anyway, so far, this seems like a good combo. Good spin and farly comfy. Arm is bothering me a bit but that is more due to a little change in serving motion I think (more wrist snap).

Anyone using sonic pro in a hybrid oike this? What is your take on tension...should it be lower than 55 or does that seem to be OK for most?

0d1n
07-24-2008, 06:32 AM
I've played with sonic pro in a MG Radical MP and a FXP Prestige MP (full job). Didn't particularly care for it ... I would call it a "neutral soft poly".
Not bad feel ... pretty soft...spin potential was OK ...everything was pretty much "OK" with it. I do prefer multi's/good synthetics though (especially in tight pattern rackets)... so take that with a grain of salt.
I would think the tension is good @ 55 (at least it would be for me) since the string is soft-ish and your racket has 16 mains instead of 18.
String tension is such a personal choice really ... that no 2 people on this planet will think the same. Also ... if you don't see any obvious advantage in using it over a full PSG job ... I don't see the point in using the hybrid.
My 2 pence