PDA

View Full Version : String for POG oversize

David
07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi, there

Can anybody give me some suggestion about the string for the Prince Original Graphite Oversize racket?
I am a 4.0 baseliner some time go for volley but not too much. want to hit heavy topspin and good control with those racket.
thanks a lot!

Nuke
07-23-2008, 10:16 AM
A cheap but good poly like Cyber Flash, Cyber Power, Big Ace, etc. would probably give you good spin and control without breaking too quickly. POGs eat strings.

bluetrain4
07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
A cheap but good poly like Cyber Flash, Cyber Power, Big Ace, etc. would probably give you good spin and control without breaking too quickly. POGs eat strings.

Totally agree. Topspin Cyberflash would be a great string for a POG OS. Any basic poly.

Prince Syn Gut with Duraflex strung fairly tight actually feels great in the POG OS, but durability isn't great.

I honestly believe that 16g is more suitable to the POG OS than 17g string.

Bengt
07-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Totally agree. Topspin Cyberflash would be a great string for a POG OS. Any basic poly.

Prince Syn Gut with Duraflex strung fairly tight actually feels great in the POG OS, but durability isn't great.

I honestly believe that 16g is more suitable to the POG OS and 17g string.

Yes, 16 ga is definitely better than 17 in the OS.

However, I'd suggest the syn gut over poly, though, because it's really hard for a 4.0 (like myself) to generate the head speed required to make the poly bend. This stick has a swingweight over 330 and, to tell you the truth, it felt higher than that.

robby c
07-23-2008, 01:25 PM
I played small college and 4.5 leagues with 16 ga Prince Syn Gut(orginal) at 66 lbs. You may want to try 62-64 lbs since latest POG is stiffer than 80's versions.
I just demoed the POG Oversize. I could switch back in about 5 minutes. Brought back alot of good memories.
Robby C

Valjean
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
POSG is just made to fit the POG.