PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's New Raquet for 2009

rnrockz1
07-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Is he gonna have a new raquet or is he sticking with is Cortex Babolat?

150mph_
07-24-2008, 06:36 AM
he doesnt change his racquets...
he plays with the same ones but babolat makes you think he changed his raacquets so you can buy new ones...

Babolast
07-24-2008, 06:54 AM
He is sticking to the same pj.

tomas9848
07-25-2008, 05:55 AM
So he is staying with Babolat

federer envies me
07-25-2008, 05:59 AM
why is this in the shoes and apparell section????

Fedace
07-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Babolat isn't coming out with any new racket til next febuary. but My question is What new rackets are being released at the US open ?? Last year there were lots of new rackets that came out at the US open time.

tomas9848
07-25-2008, 08:03 AM
its a good racquet

greenfan
07-25-2008, 10:16 AM
its a good racquet

I second that! I'm changing to AeroPro Drive after my summer holidays...

Fedace
07-25-2008, 10:20 AM

Are you talking about his new racket or new paint job ??

BreakPoint
07-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I heard Nadal will be switching to the new Wilson Pete Sampras PS 6.0 90 because he wants to become a pure serve and volley player now. :eek: ;)

quest01
07-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I heard Nadal will be switching to the new Wilson Pete Sampras PS 6.0 90 because he wants to become a pure serve and volley player now. :eek: ;)

If Nadal switched to that racquet he would be out of the top 10 and wouldn't win another French Open.

BreakPoint
07-25-2008, 11:10 AM
If Nadal switched to that racquet he would be out of the top 10 and wouldn't win another French Open.
So you agree that Nadal is only where he is because of his racquet. Interesting.

You're right though, if Nadal had to use the same racquet as Federer, Nadal would have never beaten Federer at any French Opens nor at Wimbledon. :eek:

Cenc
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM

haha i would like to see nadal with pro staff
ncode or kfactor are also fine
he would be in top 333 for sure :)

even though pro staff and ncode are 2 best rackets ever made

Baboman
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM

Yep, he signed a deal with them for 10 years.....
that was when the new cortex stick came out (even though he doesnt use it)
so he's got like 9 left

XD

chloride
07-25-2008, 05:40 PM
sorry for being a little bit off topic...
but which manufacturer(s) is/are probably gonna release new rackets during USO pls =]?

Andyk028
07-25-2008, 05:44 PM
So you agree that Nadal is only where he is because of his racquet. Interesting.

You're right though, if Nadal had to use the same racquet as Federer, Nadal would have never beaten Federer at any French Opens nor at Wimbledon. :eek:

Another Fed excuse!!!!!!!!!!!...Keep em comin

reesespiecestennis
07-25-2008, 06:02 PM
that why federer uses his racquet and nadal uses his, because they have always played with the same sort of frame. And even if nadal switched I still think he would be top 10.

nCode747
07-25-2008, 06:02 PM
staying with babo

TheNatural
07-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Its amazing that Nadal does so well with that hollow toy. If Nadal switched to Agassis racket he'd probably be #1 by a long way.

chopstik
07-25-2008, 10:08 PM

federer may not have won as many slams as he did if he used nadal's racquet either....it goes both ways....

they pick whatever racquet suits their style

BreakPoint
07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
federer may not have won as many slams as he did if he used nadal's racquet either....it goes both ways....

Then why do people here keep harping that Federer should switch to a bigger racquet if he wants to win more?

Also, with Nadal's racquet, Federer should be able to generate even more topspin and have even a bigger serve. :)

Babolast
07-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Its amazing that Nadal does so well with that hollow toy. If Nadal switched to Agassis racket he'd probably be #1 by a long way.

Its all about the spin my friend..

nalk7
07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Then why do people here keep harping that Federer should switch to a bigger racquet if he wants to win more?

Also, with Nadal's racquet, Federer should be able to generate even more topspin and have even a bigger serve. :)

dont forget less shanks on his backhand side ;)

BluDiamond
07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Nadal is sticking with the current paintjob for the time being. A new racket takes approximately 18 months to fully develop. I'm not sure if Babolat have started working on new Aero Rackets yet, but i've a feeling there will be a new Pure Drive in 2009 and also some beginner rackets.

2nd_Serve
07-27-2008, 12:47 AM

Radical? Radical feels a lot more hollow than AeroPro. AeroPro doesn't even feel hollow. It feels smooth, yet crisp.

gcfalcon09
07-27-2008, 05:33 AM
he is not going to switch. there is no way... he is too good with that stick already and he will not switch with wilson

Fedace
07-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Radical? Radical feels a lot more hollow than AeroPro. AeroPro doesn't even feel hollow. It feels smooth, yet crisp.

Aero pro feels bulky to me when i pick it up but it doesn't feel bulky if you swing it. it is very strange sensation

Babolast
07-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Nadal is sticking with the current paintjob for the time being. A new racket takes approximately 18 months to fully develop. I'm not sure if Babolat have started working on new Aero Rackets yet, but i've a feeling there will be a new Pure Drive in 2009 and also some beginner rackets.

Hopefully we get a updated PD.

jmsx521
07-27-2008, 07:07 AM
The idea they had -- curving the grip -- to the curvature of the palm (of the hand) doesn't sound bad... no?

IanRadical
07-27-2008, 10:17 AM
If Nadal won the Frech open then the Artois tournament and then Wimbeldon maybe he is happy with his.:)

quest01
07-27-2008, 10:17 AM

I agree the APDC does feel very smooth and crisp. The racquet has a lot of feel.

RoddickistheMan
07-27-2008, 11:03 AM
the question is why hasnt babolat created a signature nadal aeropro. I mean that racquet pretty much symbolizes rafa. It stands out so much people automatically know its rafas racquet even if they dont watch tennis that much. I mean they created a roddick racquet and he hasnt won a grandslam in 5 years. Im sure the next line of aeros will have a nadal signature racquet.

Zach
07-27-2008, 11:21 AM
the question is why hasnt babolat created a signature nadal aeropro. I mean that racquet pretty much symbolizes rafa. It stands out so much people automatically know its rafas racquet even if they dont watch tennis that much. I mean they created a roddick racquet and he hasnt won a grandslam in 5 years. Im sure the next line of aeros will have a nadal signature racquet.

Finally! Somebody else thought about it.

ChuDat
07-27-2008, 11:28 AM
what if he went back to using a Pure Drive

Mansewerz
07-27-2008, 11:30 AM

:rolleyes:

Of course, lol, BreakPoint is just pulling people's legs.

absolut
07-27-2008, 11:48 AM

yeah, I've been thinkin' about this too. I wonder why they haven't done it yet.

Bagdatis toy hippo
07-27-2008, 01:54 PM
its a good racquet

Meh, it's not that great. My brother was crazy to get it, and when he did, I tryed it. It's kind of heavy and makes a huge vibration when I hit with it.

Kid Carlos
07-27-2008, 02:19 PM

And if Federer had to use Nadal's racquet where do you think he would be? Now that is an interesting question.

BreakPoint
07-27-2008, 08:22 PM
And if Federer had to use Nadal's racquet where do you think he would be? Now that is an interesting question.
Federer would win every match he ever played without losing a single point. :shock: :eek: :lol:

Cup8489
07-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Federer would win every match he ever played without losing a single point. :shock: :eek: :lol:

in fact, he would pull out the racquets. his opponents would think to themselves: oh....my god...fed is playing me using rafa's sticks...

and as the realization dawns on them, they die, thereby forfeiting the match. federer would win a calender slam 15 times in a row without ever hitting a tennis ball, and then retire because there would be no more pro's left to kill :)

SirBlend12
07-27-2008, 09:14 PM
in fact, he would pull out the racquets. his opponents would think to themselves: oh....my god...fed is playing me using rafa's sticks...

and as the realization dawns on them, they die, thereby forfeiting the match. federer would win a calender slam 15 times in a row without ever hitting a tennis ball, and then retire because there would be no more pro's left to kill :)

Greatest post ever. I think I peed myself laughing.

BluDiamond
08-23-2008, 01:02 AM

Perhaps to signify a possible 5th French Open title??? As far as i know they aren't developing one yet though.

AlpineCadet
08-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Damn you, misleading title!

saram
08-24-2008, 08:49 PM

I'm quoting you off the first page, and there are those that I will miss--but he's not using Cortex--sorry....

Tempest344
08-24-2008, 08:57 PM
no he won't switch....unless Fed switches :wink:

pow
08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree the APDC does feel very smooth and crisp. The racquet has a lot of feel.
Wow the APDC has a lot of feel? Time to try other racquets.

I think Nadal's topspin and closed string patterns won't mix too well.

pow
08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
dont forget less shanks on his backhand side ;)

If it was a shank on a 90, what do you expect the shot to be on a 100? A blistering winner?
It'll most likely also be a shank or a fluffy sitter at best.

kanjii
08-25-2008, 01:07 PM

Nor would Federer win any opens if he had to play with Nadal's. :)

mirai137
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
He definitely won't change from babolat at least because he already has a 10 year contract.

RCizzle65
08-28-2008, 10:56 PM
I would love to get my hands on a Nadal signature racket....why haven't they thought of this yet....

BluDiamond
08-31-2008, 02:40 AM
I would love to get my hands on a Nadal signature racket....why haven't they thought of this yet....

They probably have thought of it, although the plans are probably locked up in a secure safe at Babolat HQ in France!!!!!

Storm_Kyori
08-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Yep, he signed a deal with them for 10 years.....
that was when the new cortex stick came out (even though he doesnt use it)
so he's got like 9 left

XD

I heard that he doesn't use the CS, but in his photos from matches and during the games, it looks like his racket does in fact have the Cortex System. Does he go on and off or is the info not good.

RanchDressing
08-31-2008, 09:21 PM

hes got a long contract with bab for like 10 years. i saw it in a video on youtube.

mr.flash
09-01-2008, 08:59 AM
no he won't switch....unless Fed switches :wink:
Considering his recent performances he could go for at least 95 sq in :)
I think that the only reason why Rafa isn't getting his signature racquet is commercial one. The sale of Aeropro has gone over the roof, and Pure Drive Roddick is doing verry well (all though i don't like any of them).

TheNatural
09-02-2008, 12:57 AM
I said more SOLID racket. Then he can choose whatever string pattern he wanted.

Nadal has the best technique in the game. No one else could swing that racket with such speed and as much control as him and still keep the ball in the court so well. The APD is stiff and stable, but feels hollow and doesnt plough through the ball well compard to a solid racket. If Nadal used a more solid racket the main difference is that he'd hit through the court easier and he'd hit a lot more winners.

The only problem is Nadal hasnt bothered to try other rackets because he's talenetd enough to already wins most of the time with that hollow toy, so he thinks its good enough.

I think Nadal's topspin and closed string patterns won't mix too well.

JoshyS
09-02-2008, 01:05 AM
It never ceases to amaze me the sheer number of people out there deluded enough to think they know better than the pros about the pros' own rackets. Please do yourselves a favour, turn off the computer, go outside and try living in the real world.

AlpineCadet
09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
I said more SOLID racket. Then he can choose whatever string pattern he wanted.

Nadal has the best technique in the game. No one else could swing that racket with such speed and as much control as him and still keep the ball in the court so well. The APD is stiff and stable, but feels hollow and doesnt plough through the ball well compard to a solid racket. If Nadal used a more solid racket the main difference is that he'd hit through the court easier and he'd hit a lot more winners.

The only problem is Nadal hasnt bothered to try other rackets because he's talenetd enough to already wins most of the time with that hollow toy, so he thinks its good enough.
What are you talking about? Nadal uses a modified APD. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=123699

smashattack
09-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Nadal will be switching to Yonex.

alebazt24
09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Nadal will be switching to Yonex.

?????

nadal sign with babolat form 10 years more

carlos djackal
09-04-2008, 07:27 AM
haha i would like to see nadal with pro staff
ncode or kfactor are also fine
he would be in top 333 for sure :)

even though pro staff and ncode are 2 best rackets ever made

lol........

Sir Andrew of Roddick
09-04-2008, 08:12 AM

Nadal doesn't use stock racket though does he, his rackets are head heavy and are as heavy as some players rackets, not as heavy as the pro staff maybe, but heavy enough that none of us would be able to swing it like he does.

Babolast
09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Sir Andrew of Roddick I love your user name.

Dolo24
10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
if nadal wanted to use fed's racquet he could just use the pure storm ltd...its like the babolat version...but seriously he wont switch, the APD is perfect for his style (big topspin). he already lands most of his groundstrokes in the service box. using the n61 would just take more of his power away. Again, im not saying he doesnt hit the sh''''' outa the ball, but that huge topspin just takes away so much debth. It would be hard to do what he does with a 90" frame thats heavy and has a really thin beam.

slicekick95
10-03-2008, 06:51 PM
why is this in the shoes and apparell section????

ITS NOT SMART ONE

pabletion
10-03-2008, 09:20 PM
RAFA NADAL USES CORTEX!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.babolat.com/popupNadalVideo.html

norbac
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM

Lol, awesome video.

Sir Andrew of Roddick
10-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Sir Andrew of Roddick I love your user name.

thanks maaaann!

phoenicks
10-07-2008, 06:26 PM

that's what BAbolat want you to believe in and suck the $$$ out of your wallet!