PDA

View Full Version : need some help with my racket choice HeadMGPP or Bab Pure Storm

ericg
07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I have decided to either get the Head MG Prestige Pro or Bablolot Pure Storm
I do have a case of tennis elbow and have read all the negative remarks about the Bab, but the stoem seems to have a low flex rating of 62...I am a 3.5 baseliner and my game is improving after a long layoff. I live where there are no demo rackets available so need to make a choice of a racket that has good broad market appeal. I plan to string it up with X-1 Biphase 16

Blade0324
07-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Based on my hitting with both and preferences I would advise the MGPP. Better serving stick and I think it is more solid feeling as well.

dgoran
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
In my demo spree in a search for my holly grail I had about 3 hour court time (2 hr match time) with each and I have to tell you that with Head MGPP I developed shoulder pain almost 15 min into the hitting

while

Pure Storm was one of the most comfortable sticks I've head a chance of hitting with in a while. The ONLY gripe I had about Pure Storm is that I needed more weight coming from k90 so after I leaded Pure Storm at 3 and 9 and at the handle it was as close to perfection as it gets, which is why I went with Pure Strom Tour instead which was is heavier in a stock form and thus my ideal weight and balance already so I did not need to mess with lead.

Pure Storm would be my choice if I were you of course your mileage might vary so do demo both.

the Town Sherif
07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
your shoulder hurtinghas to do with your string type and tension. Not the racquet.

meowmix
07-24-2008, 04:17 PM
^Give a PDR to somebody that suffers from TE. String it with gut at low tension. They'll still have TE.

Hokiez
07-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I just hit for the first time with an MGPP and loved it. It's not as stable at the net as my MGEP but a great baseline/serving stick. I never loved the Pure Storm so I'd recommend the MGPP.

ericg
07-24-2008, 07:36 PM
ok thanks...I had been leaning towards the head and will go for it.....I have been stringing at 58 lbs.....would that be the way to go with the new MGPP?

Blade0324
07-25-2008, 08:22 AM
58 is not a bad starting point depending on your string and style. I have 3 of these sticks and they have slightly diff. set ups in them. One with full gut at 60, one with Gut mains poly crosses at 59m and 57c, and one with Poly main and multi crosses at 56m, 54c.

ericg
07-25-2008, 08:51 AM
58 is not a bad starting point depending on your string and style. I have 3 of these sticks and they have slightly diff. set ups in them. One with full gut at 60, one with Gut mains poly crosses at 59m and 57c, and one with Poly main and multi crosses at 56m, 54c.
I am going to try the X-1 BiPhase 16....was recommended by the TW guys as a good string and arm friendly.........any thoughts on this setup?

chicubs
07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I am going to try the X-1 BiPhase 16....was recommended by the TW guys as a good string and arm friendly.........any thoughts on this setup?

It is really nice. I have X1 17 strung at 58 and its pretty much golden.