PDA

View Full Version : poly blend or synthetic with string savers?

tennispal
07-24-2008, 11:12 AM
guys im a chronic string breaker (i break poly/sythetic blend in 3 months, pure synthetic in 3 weeks or less).

my question is this:
which setup would last longer?

1. Wilson enduro blend-half poly, half synthetic

2. some cheap synthetic (gosen or prince?) with string savers (how long is this expected to last if i break endro blend in about 3 months?)

thx a lot in advance

itsstephenyo
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
That's actually really good in terms of durability... There are some people on this forum that break synthetic gut in less than an hour of hitting.

But to answer your question, I think the poly/syn gut hybrid will still last longer than a synthetic with string savers.

Booyah
07-24-2008, 11:22 AM
to me actually 3 months is a long time to keep strings alive. I'm extremely happy when strings last me about 1-2 months. It really depends on how much you play though. I don't use string savers so i can't tell you much, but it seems like the enduro blend is working well for you. I would use that or switch to a different poly. But its up to you.

tennispal
07-24-2008, 11:28 AM
the problem i have right now is that i think i lack a little power, and i feel that it may be hurting me on serves and volleys. also my groudies are super consistent, so i feel like i could use the extra power. are there poly blends similar to enduro blend that offers a little more pop and tension maintainence?

Booyah
07-24-2008, 11:30 AM
i think you might want to switch to a hybrid setup and experiment with poly for mains. like luxilon.