upgrade to something a bit better.

I'm looking at 3 rackets:

Prince O3 Tour MP
Wilson K95X/K Factor KSix-One 95
Babolat AeroPro Drive

I'm wondering what type of racket you guys suggest for an intermidiate

player? I'm still improving on my skillsets on all aspects of the game

and I want the feel of a good racket during my game play. The

Babolat/Wilson is priced the same, the Prince I can get for 40% cheaper.

These are all used.

Thanks

Booyah
07-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Many others will tell you this, and I will the say the same... DEMO DEMO DEMO. Thats the best way to figure our whats the best racket for you. Don't be afraid to test out rackets, that are "recommended" for other skill sets.

tennisfreak15347
07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
IMO, if your an intermediate thats trying to improve on his skills off of walmart junk, u should try the Wilson k-six-two. It's a pretty versital tweener's racquet. the K-six-one might be 2 demanding for u.

johnk
07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys,

I don't know any shops in my area that offer to demo..they also don't have the above rackets which I can get for a half decent price used. I was thinking the same as you tennisfreak, the k factor is probably too much for me at my level...maybe the Babolat as well. Do you believe the Prince may be the best choice for an intermediate player?

tennisjmc
07-24-2008, 11:02 AM
I Did Demo All 3, End Up Getting The Babolat Aeropro Drive. It Feels Better To Me; I Lost A Bit Of Power, But Gain Control.

Zielmann
07-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah. That's a pretty demanding list for an intermediate player. At age 13, I got a racquet that was a bit too much for me, but used it anyhow. I felt like my progress was kinda put on hold until I grew into the frame and could handle it correctly.

Check out some of the tweener racquets they have. If you want something that's going to have a little more control, go on the heavier side of the tweeners. Also, if you're still learning, you won't want something with a tiny head, but don't go with some massive oversize thing either. A good place to start your search would be with something around 100". Most of the racquets on the heavier side of the tweeners will be this way, but make sure it's head light. Much easier to learn with a head light stick.

Those are just suggestions for starting you search. Demo some, and go from there. And TW's demo program is pretty fair. Shipment for 4 demos from Calif. to Ohio is just 20 bucks. If I went to a local sporting goods store, it would cost me 10 bucks a frame for a demo. And if you're closer to California, it'll be even cheaper. Definitely worth the money, though, to make sure you are getting the right frame.

Gorecki
07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
does it have to be one of those? i would advise you to try demmo a fxp Prestige Team (the lighter version), made me progress form a 3.0 to a 4.0 in almost no time... no exageration here!

Toxicmilk
07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Just curious, how long have you been playing?
Anyways, out of the list....I like the babolat.

feyya
07-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I thought the babolat would be best for you.

yasson
07-24-2008, 01:57 PM
get the APD i think the kfactor is bad

johnk
07-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Thanks everyone,

I gave it a second thought and i'll keep looking for something more suitable as opposed to rushing on the 3 I posted. I did find a fxp Prestige Team racquet in my grip size...maybe i'll look in to that.