PDA

View Full Version : pure drive roddick vs dunlop aerogel 200

roryhewitt92
07-24-2008, 02:50 PM
hey just wana know wat u guys thnk im thinkn of getn new raquet cause my other 1 broke at shelborne open wen i mde it to the semis woooo cheers just want help im from ireland by the way thanks

monomakh
07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Congrats.

Those are completely different racquets. Each is stick is good on its own merits, but as to which one to recommend, it really depends on your playing style. How do you play and what has been your racquet preference in the past?

Summary is that the PDR is much more powerful and spin friendly, the Ag200 is very precise and control oriented, but has little in the power department. PDR is stiff and only marginally head light, Ag200 is flexy, easier to whip, and more maneuverable on volleys.

I like both sticks and actually own both now, but if forced to choose a single stick, I'd go with the PDR. As-is, I plan on using the PDR for singles and the Ag200 for doubles (until I find my new holy grail and/or a Ultra FPK reissue, of course).

Of course, they're both blue, white, and black so they're quite similar that way.

consistency wins
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
hey just wana know wat u guys thnk im thinkn of getn new raquet cause my other 1 broke at shelborne open wen i mde it to the semis woooo cheers just want help im from ireland by the way thanks

I'd go with the AG. What was your old racket? And why not demo them both and decide for yourself?

Toxicmilk
07-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Have you tried them both yet? Many people either hate or love the PDR..

I happen to love it. :twisted:

consistency wins
07-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Have you tried them both yet? Many people either hate or love the PDR..

I happen to love it. :twisted:

You're right--I happen to think it's a piece of junk...:)

backhand
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Don't much like the PDR, can't conceive of a more different stick than the Dunlop 200. Why these two?

roryhewitt92
07-25-2008, 03:46 AM
k i used to use the aero pro drive but it broke so i want 2 switch my game is a hard hitter that wants 2 end points quick so i play at net alot thanks again............ plus i like the colour blue LOL

roddick89
07-25-2008, 07:52 AM
They're really different frames, but demoing them is the best option. I have only positives to say about the AG200