PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro Number One Magnetic Speed VS. Babolat Pure Storm Tour

Mike Werblin
07-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Can anyone compare the Fischer Pro#1 Magnetic Speed to the Babolat Pure Storm Tour?? Which plays softer/flexier?? I'm a 4.5 all-court player and Im looking for something very comfy because I have a pretty sensitive elbow.

gsharma
07-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Can anyone compare the Fischer Pro#1 Magnetic Speed to the Babolat Pure Storm Tour?? Which plays softer/flexier?? I'm a 4.5 all-court player and Im looking for something very comfy because I have a pretty sensitive elbow.

I've hit with both and they are both comfy sticks. Fischer (I hit with the heavier version) has a very soft, muted feel but that also means very low power. Now, I hit with a demo stick so I couldn't adjust the tension/strings. However, on a positive note, there was ample access to spin.

PST was a nice stick as well (again, a demo stick) and I felt it had a tad more power than the Fischer. Again, pretty good access to spin but the off-center shots were a little jarring. Overall, I would say the Fischer felt softer and a more solid stick. Btw, also try Head MG Radical Midplus. I know that in stock form it's very light (11 oz strung) but add a little weight and this stick is soft as butter (57 stiffness rating).

Mike Werblin
07-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Anybody else?

tennisrick
07-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I happen to be demoing them both right now and I have found that the Fischer has a lot less power but I could get a little bit more spin with it and the PST has more power a feels very soft when you hit the sweetspot but just a little rough if your dont. I think I am going to switch to the PST because the Fischer just did not have enough power.

tennisrick
07-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Sorry, forgot to say this, I also have elbow problems and neither of these racquets aggravated it at all.

Mike Werblin
07-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Bump up!!!!