PDA

View Full Version : Mushey Sticks

RanchDressing
07-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Well I have noticed a fair amount of complaints about mushey ness in the Babalot AreoDrive Cortex, and I just wanted to open a discussion about how to combat musheyness and what might cause it (for people like me that arent quite as racquet savvy to enjoy).
When I demoed the Plus sized version (at the SLO TW) I noticed a bit mushey response on regluar groundstrokes. I talked to my coach about some strings I should consider. We went into the "liveness" and "deadness" of strings. During that conversation it was brought up that nadal uses a dead string. Its fairly well accepted that he uses a non-cortex version of the AD. (notice a coralation dead string with very responsive stick)
I chose the Topspin Cyberflash because it had a bit more livelyness than some of the more popular long lasting "spin style" strings, and the mushey ness was actually just right for me. (yeah it is a bit mushey but not like it was on the demo)
(notice the opposite coralation?)
If you have any thoughts and comments I would love to hear them.

RanchDressing
07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
what nobody? Nothing?

AznRamenDude
07-24-2008, 09:57 PM
never played with the aeropro drive, but i got the same feeling on the PDRC. that and its high power, i choose to stay away from it.

RanchDressing
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
never played with the aeropro drive, but i got the same feeling on the PDRC. that and its high power, i choose to stay away from it.
i cant stand powerfull sticks now that i switched away.... well actually anything head heavy.
i think to many people go with big hitter ect automatically tho.
and i ment to say areo pro drive cortex so my b on that.