PDA

View Full Version : durable + spin-friendly

Style
07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi, I would like to know one setup (tension + model) that would make the racket strings very, very durable, regardless of playability (to an extent, as in still allowing good bite on the ball to create effective slices). I would like it so that the racket strings do not move very often, and probably 16 gauge. Also I would prefer if this setup is not too hard on the arms, although the importance of this is less than the string being durable. So in simplest terms, what would be a good setup for a durable and spin-friendly string?

My racket, btw, is a Yonex RQiS tour 2 cn (yes from china :)).

Oh yeah I also noticed my other rackets with stock strings never seem to break.. lol, so I wonder if there's a way to string my yonex right now into that, except with better playability. Reason being I have broken way too many packs of strings over the course of last 2 weeks and I am not even playing competitively at the moment (just practicing).

Serve_Ace
07-24-2008, 05:10 PM
try luxillon alu power rough at 58

Style
07-24-2008, 07:23 PM
I was thinking of something common and easy to buy lol. I live in Toronto. Someone told me it all comes down to tension and gauge of strings, so I wonder if there is a need for more expensive strings.

Eric4
07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
the strings have a larger impact than tension and gauge of the string. i wouldnt try luxilon alu rough because they go dead quickly and can be harsh on the arm.

try prince duraflex synthetic gut strung at middle tension. its cheap, fairly long lasting, and easy on the arm

hoodjem
07-25-2008, 06:15 PM
I was thinking of something common and easy to buy lol. I live in Toronto. Someone told me it all comes down to tension and gauge of strings, so I wonder if there is a need for more expensive strings.
Someone told you wrong.

Tension and gauge do matter, but so do brand, material, and configuration.

rorourboat320
07-25-2008, 06:30 PM
try luxilon alu power rough or spin. if you're looking for something cheaper try blue gear