PDA

View Full Version : X-1 Biphase 17?

TennisVet
07-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Is it one of those extreme strings that aren't durable and has a high tension loss?

tennisfreak15347
07-24-2008, 06:38 PM
its average on durability, but it has a high break-in period, and I've heard that it goes dead fairly fast. Tension loss isnt too bad since it's one of the most crisp multis on the market

LubbockAg
07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Excellent string!

rasajadad
07-25-2008, 04:44 AM
I disagree with tennisfreak on the high break in period. It does have a break in period. He also mentioned that he heard it goes dead fast which makes it sound like he might not have 1st hand experience with the string.

I have played it in a full job as well as a cross string (with nat gut mains.) I found it an excellent string that lasted a longer than most. Very playable and soft.

My only knock is that as a cross it's a little expensive.

LubbockAg
07-25-2008, 06:53 AM
I use it as a cross with LUX ALU Power in the mains. It is my favorite so far. K-Gut Pro is also good.

Fedace
07-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Is it one of those extreme strings that aren't durable and has a high tension loss?

Tension loss is one of the best in the market. you will be hard pressed to find better stirng for power, feel as well. of course 17 G will be lot less durable than the 16 G. but i keep hearing that the Red colored string is so different than the White one. Is this true ???

PrinceAbubu
07-25-2008, 11:50 PM
X1 is the bomb! great feel and would recommend it if i you can afford it.

I have both of them on my Ksurge hybrid with Redcode and PHT.

hoodjem
07-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Has anyone tried X-1 in a hybrid with a poly mains? Does it last or is it too soft?

I have great things about X-1 17g, and I am thinking about using it with a thin poly like BB Ace 1.12 or WC Silverstring 1.20.

Will it last or will the poly saw through it immediately?

Il Mostro
07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I've been playing exclusively with 17g X-1 for quite a while now. It is my favorite multi by far -- for me the best combination of comfort, power and feel. FWIW, I have had no issues with abnormal break in or problems with tension loss or lack of durability. I would say it is a crisp "soft-multi" if that helps.

Not one to sit still for too long, I just strung up a racquet with Excel Premium and have several packs of Excel Power to try out next. If either is better than X-1 that's saying a lot.