PDA

View Full Version : Prince Tour Diablo Mid

carazymcmahon
07-24-2008, 09:22 PM
So I bought my first tour diablo 2 years ago, it was perfect

I just got my second one in yesterday and it is more (enough that I noticed it on a serve) head heavy than the one I already have.

How did this happen? I'm not sure if it will have any impact on my game at all, but if I'm in a match and I have to change racquets for some reason it will take some time to adjust.

Should I just get some lead tape?

Any feedback would be great.

baek57
07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
likely quality control. lead tape can help change the balance, but it might also make the overall weight more than your first diablo.

mdjenders
07-24-2008, 09:39 PM
is everything the same on the two frames? things like string type can make one feel more head heavy.

carazymcmahon
07-24-2008, 09:48 PM
everything is exactly the same except an overgrip. Would it make that much of a difference?

When I balance them side by side the new racquet is a handles width more head heavy (I hope that makes sense)

carazymcmahon
07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
anybody else??

mdjenders
07-25-2008, 09:25 AM
overgrip can change the balance by one point or so. take the grip off and try it.

Bud
07-25-2008, 09:44 AM
So I bought my first tour diablo 2 years ago, it was perfect

I just got my second one in yesterday and it is more (enough that I noticed it on a serve) head heavy than the one I already have.

How did this happen? I'm not sure if it will have any impact on my game at all, but if I'm in a match and I have to change racquets for some reason it will take some time to adjust.

Should I just get some lead tape?

Any feedback would be great.

Pull the overgrip off the one and measure the balance. What are the two balances? Also, weigh them... what does each weigh?

Sometimes, it's our perception that is wrong.