PDA

View Full Version : Need a reasonably priced racket

qwerty11
07-25-2008, 10:15 AM
I am 6'2, fairly experienced player. I hit kick and slice serves, two hand top spin back hands, and enjoy putting a lot of spin on the ball. I enjoy serve and volleying and also standing behind the base line and driving the ball. I no longer compete, so I cant see the need for spending $200 on a racket for recreational use. Give me some options!

meowmix
07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Uh... Look at TW's liquidation section. Several good rackets pop out:
O3 Tour
NXG Tour
LM Radical
DNX 10 MS
V-engine 9
Donnay Pro 1 Int (not liquidation, but at 100 bucks, not bad)
TT Warrior
Turbo Shark
M-fil300
M-fil 200
Maxply Macenroe
etc.

fuzz nation
07-25-2008, 05:39 PM
The Prince O3 Hybrid Tour is a nice all court frame with a great price tag at TW these days. It can churn out some spin or deliver some good pop and seems to behave best with a more firm string bed. The Donnay Pro One midplus from TW is another nice frame that has a very no nonsense sort of old school personality. It's softer and more of a comfortable control frame than the Prince and it doesn't bring a whole lot of power to my shots, but at the baseline, its feel inspires some confidence.

Kirko
07-25-2008, 09:11 PM
I am 6'2, fairly experienced player. I hit kick and slice serves, two hand top spin back hands, and enjoy putting a lot of spin on the ball. I enjoy serve and volleying and also standing behind the base line and driving the ball. I no longer compete, so I cant see the need for spending $200 on a racket for recreational use. Give me some options!

I would say get a babolat pure drive plus or standard. get one used.

qwerty11
07-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Any other ideas?

Zielmann
07-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Just demo some of the ones from that Liquidation page. That's your best option. I actually have a box of four from that list sitting here waiting for me to try out. Like you, I don't see a reason to pay more than 100 bucks for a racquet. I don't care to get the newest thing out there.

Your other option would be to see if there's somebody willing to sell you a used demo frame. Last time I bought racquets, I bought two used as demos. At the time, they were selling for $180 new, and I got the demos for $85 and $90. But you kinda have to know some people to find what you want. I got those two from a guy that my coach knows. I would be a little skeptical about buying used from the bay or other online site. But if you get to see the racquet and try it out before buying it and it's through somebody you trust, it's perfectly fine. They racquets are still in great condition, though you don't get that nice new, shiny, unscratched frame to mark up yourself.

justsomeecho
07-27-2008, 02:31 PM
LM Radical is good.
Most of the Flexpoints from the Head company are getting their prices slashed, except for the Prestige (which of course happens to be their best frame).

I'd say: LM Radical//Flexpoint Radical Tour

fridrix
07-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Wilson T3000.

filthy_dude
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
yeah, i'd say LM Radical too. Damn good racquet for the price.