PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Matching at TW

ccelis
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Has anyone sent in multiple racquets to get matched by TW, if so were you happy with the end result? I am thinking of send 4 of my POG's to get matched and I was curious if anyone has done this and if the had a good experience.

Thanks

bossass
07-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Why not just send them into RPNY or Bosworth, as they specialize in this type of thing?

ccelis
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Why not just send them into RPNY or Bosworth, as they specialize in this type of thing?

Well, TW only charges $20 per racquet and I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible and I am sure that others are much more expensive. Plus with the great service that TW has provided over the years I would like to assume this would be a quality experience, But just curious to here feedback from someone who has done this.

Thanks

the Town Sherif
07-25-2008, 11:30 AM
stick to the professionals that do it correct. TW does not yet have a reputation for matching racquets, but RPNY does....the little extra money you spend will go a long way.

pNoyr3D
07-25-2008, 11:32 AM
I think when I get my second KBlade I might stop by TW and let them Match both.

You never know how it goes until you try.

2nd_Serve
07-25-2008, 12:04 PM
They have some pretty good racket matching skills. I think it's just as good as everyone else, for a lower price. I bet when they do start getting a reputation for matching a racket, they'll start charing more, so just do it now.

insiderman
07-25-2008, 01:02 PM
For what 99% of "us" require, and that being same weight, balance, and inertia (a.k.a. swing-weight) TW has both the 'tools' [RDC] and the trained knowledge to do top-quality work.

When it becomes whereas you want a Head, (example) grip shape on a Wilson, (example) racquet, then yes...the Pro's like; Priority One and the others, can be of greater assistance.

If what you really are looking to get is having your same frames 'matched' in those 3-very important perimeters, then TW is a darn good bargain!

Nellie
07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
My local shop will also match racquets for about that price - measure and add lead weight were needed.

You may want to check with your's.

TW Professor
07-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Why not do it yourself? Go to the TW University Customization Tool.

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/customization.html

Use the racquet you want to match to as the "What I Want" column. Use the specs of the racquet you want changed in the "What I Have" column. It figures out the best solution for you.

Spatula
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Isn't the TW racquet matching if you have a frame and want to purchase more, they will most closely "match" your purchase to what you have? I don't believe it's a customization program for existing frames.

Or if you buy more than one, they will "match" the frame as close to identical from what they have. Just my 2c.

Vermillion
07-26-2008, 02:51 PM
How do I find the balance of a racquet without a machine? Or do I need to buy one?

Lendl
07-26-2008, 05:19 PM
This is what they did for me. I bought six frames and they matched them in weight and swingweight for me and sent the six heaviest that all matched closely.

Isn't the TW racquet matching if you have a frame and want to purchase more, they will most closely "match" your purchase to what you have? I don't believe it's a customization program for existing frames.

Or if you buy more than one, they will "match" the frame as close to identical from what they have. Just my 2c.