PDA

View Full Version : How to choose String Machine

LeoGang
07-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I want to string my rachet myself and plan to buy a string machine. I don't want to invest too much money on it as I was just a beginner. I have checked the google and find several machine:

The cheapest one is from 'www.klipperusa.com'.
It looks good. Does anyone here have any experience?

Thanks a lot!

07-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Klippermate or Gamma X2 are the cheapest you can get.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=151768&highlight=klippermate

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=131194&highlight=klippermate

Booyah
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah i recommend Gamme X-2. costs under 200 dollars. Great machine.

ARNICOLINI
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
I think the Klipper and and Gamma have been compared ad nausuem on this board.

They both have advantages and disadvantages and I think you could not go wrong with either one.

IMHO look on the Kipper site for a "blemished" one. You save some cash and for mine I looked and looked and could find not a "blemish" on it!

Which ever you choose - when you get it take your time and be patient - the first couple string jobs may take you a while. That is ok by the 4 one or so you will know all of what you are doing and be well on your way.

Check on Yulitle's you tube videos while you are waiting on shipping! They are worth their weight in gold!!

LeoGang
07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Thank you all so much on advising. My friend here just recommend his machine to me, Eagnas. They have a variety of machines and cheaper price. My friend told me it works OK. I probability will go to Eagnas.

One more question, does 2-point support system and 6-point support system have big difference. My friend just have 2-point support and he think it may hurt the racket. The price between 2-point and 6-point is about $100.

Which one can I choose?

07-26-2008, 09:57 AM
From people's experiences on here, i wouldnt go with eagnas.
Do a search and see the problems people have had

WBF
07-26-2008, 10:12 AM
From people's experiences on here, i wouldnt go with eagnas.
Do a search and see the problems people have had

From the reading I have done and my own experience, I would say give Eagnas a try if budget is a factor. Just be sure to pick one of their tried and true models, such as the Flex 940 (I'm not sure which others are solid choices, but look around to find out. The EAG 300 sounds like a decent one as well). I think I've read more hearsay than actual complaints, and the actual complaints typically involve strange models or circumstances.

LeoGang
07-26-2008, 12:46 PM
There are some positive and negative as well. But anyway, my think the machine is ok and the price is so cheap. I will go and get one. Thank you all for helping me out.

jiericji
07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
hmm question. do both machines come with everything necessary for a beginner to start stringing racquets?

Il Mostro
07-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Be sure to check out the Silent Partner Swing. IMO, better mounting system and really good clamps to boot. Great after sale support, as with Klipper & Gamma.

LeoGang
07-28-2008, 07:46 AM
hmm question. do both machines come with everything necessary for a beginner to start stringing racquets?

Yes, I think so.

Il Mostro
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
They come with basic tools, but there are a few other items you'll want to get. See YUlitle's *excellent* sticky in the Stringing Machines section. All you need to know, and more, shall be revealed.

LeoGang
07-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Be sure to check out the Silent Partner Swing. IMO, better mounting system and really good clamps to boot. Great after sale support, as with Klipper & Gamma.

I just checked it. It looks descent. But the price is relative higher camparing to Klipper & Gamma.